• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

The Infamous Triple :S

belly

Young Bun
Hi All,

I'm attempting "The Infamous Triple." (first attempt at one)

I have a pair of does (2yo and 4yo) I bonded them as one had lost her bond and one I rescued from FB marketplace (I know) They bonded well and both are really chilled buns and have been together over a year.

I have a buck (3yo) who lost his wifey bun 11 days ago (she was 10yo). He is also a placid bun so I decided they seem good candidates for a triple. I would have waited a little longer but he's not his usual self, he's actually coming for cuddles and strokes (not like him). Missing attention from his wifey probably :(

Last night I've placed them in new pens with a distance between them. They are seem mostly unfazed/bothered but they are sitting alongside each other, all of them are washing eating and seems chill. No signs of aggressive behavior from any other them. They all look fine and chill this morning too.

I've bonded pairs before but just wanted to know if there's anything different I should look out for. Should I wait longer for the introductions (I usually give it a few days and once I feel they seem OK I do 20 min meetings wearing heavy duty gardening gloves of course!)

Any feedback, ideas, advice most welcome!

Last edited:
I think it could possibly work but be prepared for a close bond between one of the girls and the boy, perhaps leaving the other female on her own a lot. They might all be happy, of course. I bonded 2 girls with a boy and they shared him - it was lovely. Just make sure the girls are in a completely neutral area, doesn't matter about the boy. Good luck!

Thanks Tonibun!

Little update. They’d been side by side for over 24 hours so I setup a pen and gave them a meet. Both girls washed the boy and the girls washed each other. No signs of aggression from any of them.

Just had another 20min meet. Again no aggression. He humped them both (even tried humping both at the same time!) but wasn’t aggressive and didn’t bite or fur pull.

They sat together mostly. Pretty pleased with the two meetings so far!

79-BBD279-EBFA-4158-B0-C9-C09-C69-CB5456.jpg

Last edited:
what a handsome huddle of bunnies:love: good luck with bonding, I hope they continue in this direction

Thanks all! It seems pretty positive.

This is from tonight. It's mostly just this and the boy (lionhead) humping a little.

Another update (sorry to bore everyone!)

They have been together since 2pm. Still pretty chilled.

The buck has humping moments with both girls. They are all sitting close together and eating from the same bowl and such.

His humping starts when one of the girls move from laying next to him. He Only humps for a few seconds.

No aggression from any of the three. Just working out hierarchy I think!

great update. You're not boring anyone I'm sure, we all love a happy bond though might not have a lot to contribute.

Will you keep them together if they keep behaving so nicely?

Thanks all!

Yeah they are now upstairs next to my bed and I’m leaving them together as it’s going so well. Don’t want to start again!

Yeah Tonibun he looks like he is in charge!

Not a bad night! I was woken at 3am with humping but aside from that all seemed OK.

No clumps of fur or terrified rabbits so I'm classing night number 1 as a success.

What a lovely smooth bond. My three were surrounded by white fluff this morning ...

Back