Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Looking for an older bunny to bond with my pair

Quote Originally Posted by keletkezes View Post
    Burrowed Hearts in Nott'm had some older one recently
    They said they have no older singles currently

I searched the rabbit re-home UK link for you they have two 5+ ones on there but I don't know how old they are here's the link. Though you may have already searched. Mind only one is a single the others already bonded

http://www.rabbitrehome.org.uk/searc...bSex=&RabBond=

Quote Originally Posted by mini lop1 View Post
    I searched the rabbit re-home UK link for you they have two 5+ ones on there but I don't know how old they are here's the link. Though you may have already searched. Mind only one is a single the others already bonded

http://www.rabbitrehome.org.uk/searc...bSex=&RabBond=
    I’ve been refreshing it daily, there are a few who are the right age and single, but being rehomed by individuals not by rescues I really want to adopt from a rescue so that if bonding does not work they can take the bunny back, I don’t have space for two separate sets of rabbits

There’s a couple of 5 year old girls in a rescue in Nottingham, I may call and enquire tomorrow.

I ideally want an older rabbit than that though… although I spoke to a nice lady from another rescue today who has said that I shouldn’t limit myself on ages of rabbits because an 8 year old rabbit may live another 6 years or a 4 year old only another 2 years, it is hard to predict

After this set of rabbits I will be taking a break from having rabbits for a few years, my concern is that if I get one who is likely to outlive my two by many years then I will end up having to return one to a rescue which makes me sad

Wise Old Thumper InspectorMorse's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by *Funny*Bunny* View Post
    I’ve been refreshing it daily, there are a few who are the right age and single, but being rehomed by individuals not by rescues I really want to adopt from a rescue so that if bonding does not work they can take the bunny back, I don’t have space for two separate sets of rabbits

There’s a couple of 5 year old girls in a rescue in Nottingham, I may call and enquire tomorrow.

I ideally want an older rabbit than that though… although I spoke to a nice lady from another rescue today who has said that I shouldn’t limit myself on ages of rabbits because an 8 year old rabbit may live another 6 years or a 4 year old only another 2 years, it is hard to predict

After this set of rabbits I will be taking a break from having rabbits for a few years, my concern is that if I get one who is likely to outlive my two by many years then I will end up having to return one to a rescue which makes me sad

Some Rescues offer a long term Foster arrangement for folk in your situation. So you take in one of their Rabbits (of any age) to be a companion for your elderly Rabbit. Then when the elderly Rabbit’s time comes and they pass on the Rescue will take the companion back and find them another home with another companion. Then you are not stuck in the endless cycle of needing to adopt a companion Rabbit.

Dignity in Dying should be a Human Right
    https://www.dignityindying.org.uk/

I used to be ĎJackís-Janeí but I have been logged out of that account and I canít get back in !