• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Morse was Very Pleased With his Find on his Early Morning Walk

InspectorMorse

Wise Old Thumper
Z102fmV.jpg

9hrnyhT.jpg

2nROHOx.jpg

Every time he wombles (picks up) something on a walk he has to bring it home and put it under the garden swing chair. Then after a while most items get buried. Tennis Balls being the only exception. He is a very strange boy :lol::love:

Whilst you might consider his organisation of his treasure strange, I feel very sure that there must be a very sound reason for it all. It's just a shame that he can't explain it to you :)

I would just check anything he picks up. Round here, they use old split tennis balls to hide poison (eg slug pellets or rat poison, posssibly in meat), which inevitably is aimed at the dogs, so we are very careful. If it's not completely intact, we would bin it. Having said that, the volunteers who clean up the woods every week have started collecting all the lost balls they find and put them in a bag by one of the entrances so people can reuse them.

I'll echo Shimmer's caution but I'm sure you have a good look at anything he "wombles" (that's a brilliant word, I'm gonna use that from now on!) :thumb:

Well if he picks up a lost racket next, you could add this to your Wimbledon thread! :lol:

Yes everything he picks up gets scrutinised. One day he found a G- String :shock: That mot definitely did not come home with us !!

My friends Dog ended up at the Emergency Vets on Saturday night due to Marijuana toxicity. My friend and her hubby were grilled as to if they were users but they are not. However, they often find discarded empty marijuana packaging in their local park. Apparently dogs can be badly effected from ingesting just a bit of it or inhaling it.

I'm surprised my dogs haven't keeled over just from going out in the garden. The smell of marijuana can be really strong at times. Not worked out where it's coming from, though, except for passing cars & pedestrians. There must be someone nearish growing the stuff. Haven't discounted next door...

Z102fmV.jpg

9hrnyhT.jpg

2nROHOx.jpg

Every time he wombles (picks up) something on a walk he has to bring it home and put it under the garden swing chair. Then after a while most items get buried. Tennis Balls being the only exception. He is a very strange boy :lol::love:

First, never take him to wimbledon-or do?-ball boy-dog!:lol:
Second, he may think you like tennis balls, not tennis games, and it is for you!

Back