Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Hurt my own bun - feel sick

Default Hurt my own bun - feel sick

Hi all

I haven't posted for a while here so apologies for coming here begging for healing vibes. I was cleaning my rabbits' litter tray this morning sitting on the floor, I had to lean forward briefly and when I sat back down I've accidentally sat down on Rupert's head. He didn't squeal or make a noise but there was a horrible popping sound. I've tried feeling around his jaw and it feels OK but he can't pick up treats or food unless it's really small. He's hiding behind a chair which is unusual for him. About to call the vet as they've just opened but am really worried I've done something to hurt him

Wise Old Thumper

Quote Originally Posted by Orenoko View Post
    Hi all

I haven't posted for a while here so apologies for coming here begging for healing vibes. I was cleaning my rabbits' litter tray this morning sitting on the floor, I had to lean forward briefly and when I sat back down I've accidentally sat down on Rupert's head. He didn't squeal or make a noise but there was a horrible popping sound. I've tried feeling around his jaw and it feels OK but he can't pick up treats or food unless it's really small. He's hiding behind a chair which is unusual for him. About to call the vet as they've just opened but am really worried I've done something to hurt him
    I can understand how upset you must be Sending you lots of hugs and also lots of vibes for Rupert. I really hope he's OK. And remember it was an accident.

Sending lots of vibes there's no injury, I'm sorry this happened, it's so easily done anyone (myself included) with house rabbits will have had similar or near misses

IF YOU NEED HELP WITH ANYTHING PLEASE SEND ME A PM OR ANY OF THE OTHER FORUM BUDDIES

Wise Old Thumper InspectorMorse's Avatar

I am really sorry Accidents happen, not that,that fact will make you feel any better. I really hope that Rupert has not sustained a serious injury. Sending lots of vibes x

Dignity in Dying should be a Human Right
    https://www.dignityindying.org.uk/

I used to be ‘Jack’s-Jane’ but I have been logged out of that account and I can’t get back in !

Thank you all, he's just been seen by the vet, they can't feel any fractures, they moved his jaw and he was ok with it. There was a very slight misalignment of his front teeth but he has had dentals before so it could just be "normal" for him. I'm taking him home with pain relief and will give him critical care just to make sure he's eating. If he doesn't improve he has to come back later on for x-rays. On the positive side, he was eating some small treats in his carry box and digging so he must be feeling a bit better.

They also found a cataract in his right eye which I hadn't known about
    Last edited by Orenoko; 21-06-2022 at 11:15 AM.

I have so many times nearly trodden on my housebunnies when they literally got under my feet. I trod on my cat’s tail once. Made him yowl It feels awful but it was an accident. If he has a cataract perhaps he didn’t notice you when you were sitting down. I’m sure he will be fine but I’m sending lots of vibes and hugs xx

Hoping that he continues to improve x

I'm so glad they couldn't find anything, I hope he improves lots. It's awful when these things happen, I accidentally kicked Clementine in the side once and she screamed, it was such an awful sound I felt absolutely horrendous, and I think she was mega shocked. She was okay tho! Sending lots of vibes for your boy x

Sent from my Pixel 6 Pro using Tapatalk

Wise Old Thumper

I'm pleased you were reassured by the vet

Sending millions of vibes for Rupert. Your quick appointment hopefully helped ease the understandable shock and anxiety. I hope Rupert continues to recover and I’m sure some extra treatos won’t go amis. Xx
    IF YOU NEED HELP WITH ANYTHING PLEASE SEND ME A PM OR ANY OF THE OTHER FORUM BUDDIES