• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Proofing balcony-neighbour just got a falcon

AnjaSanja

Warren Scout
Huray-ney!

So my neighbour got herself a baby falcon. Now I need to falcon proof my balcony-terrace. I will probably just put some weighted mesh over the fence. We can really make any nice and fancy "catio" due to other neighbour it would disturb his view over our terrace.

Thing is we have 452 sq ft to cover up. It wont be cheap.

oh my word, that's not good. I'm sorry you have to go through all the hassle of this, terrible timing for you too I expect

Is it possible to purcahse an owl decoy? A lifesize plastic owl replica should be easily available on amazon or the internet. Owls hunt hawks etc so the natural instinct of your neighbours falcon would be one of fear. It's a humane way to deter any ambitions. You'd have to keep moving it about and not keep it in one place as the falcon would get wise to it, but it mightbe worth a shot and probably cheaper than the wire meshing.
Just a thought.

I can get woodel owl replica. But will get that mesh too. Sherlock loves to be outside-like really loves. He has his playground with a house, tunnels, sandbox. Brko goes out, sniffs the ground a bit and goes back in.

Back