Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Bunny has no sex organs

Default Bunny has no sex organs

We recently adopted a second bunny to be a mate for our neutered male. Adopted bunny was a spayed female. We learned today that when she was “spayed” the vet found no sex organs of any kind. We learned this because I was suspicious that something was off bc she was spraying, humping our other bunny, and peeing ON him. They were bonding well until this weekend when fighting started. I am now in the vet ER with my boy bun and we have separated them. Does anyone have any experience with a bunny with no sex organs? Will bonding be possible? I am going to reach out to a rabbit rescue tomorrow for guidance but thought I’d ask here, too.

Wise Old Thumper InspectorMorse's Avatar

How old is the Rabbit ?

Dignity in Dying should be a Human Right
    https://www.dignityindying.org.uk/

I used to be ‘Jack’s-Jane’ but I have been logged out of that account and I can’t get back in !

7 months. Surgery was before we got her at 6 months.

Is bunny possibly a male with testicles that did not decend? Young males are often misidentified female.
    Sending healing vibes to your boy.

Quote Originally Posted by MichelleMacFluffington View Post
    7 months. Surgery was before we got her at 6 months.
    Quote Originally Posted by bunny momma View Post
    Is bunny possibly a male with testicles that did not decend? Young males are often misidentified female.
    Sending healing vibes to your boy.
    I would have thought that undescended testicles would have been found when the abdomen was opened. Unless the Vet missed them.

Does Bunny have a penis ?

I used to be ‘Jack’s-Jane’ but I have been logged out of that account and I can’t get back in !

Wise Old Thumper

It sounds like your "spayed" female is actually a male. I would have a look to see if he has testicles and a penis. Poor boy!

Heading to the vet with her today to see if they can figure out the sex. The woman we adopted her from gave us the receipt from the vet who did her spaying which said “female” but I now think that this was just what is autofilled on a spay receipt. She did not tell us anything about the issue we discovered yesterday. I hope they can still bond.

Boy bunny (Mr. MacFluffington) is doing fine. He is back to free roaming on the main floor of our house and seems pleased that the interloper is being kept upstairs (for now)

Male bunny. Two large testicles. Vet has no idea how prior vet missed this. No wonder he and my neutered boy were fighting.

Even if paperwork said female, upon discovering no female organs to remove, I would expect a vet to check for male organs.
    Glad your neutered boy is ok.

Quote Originally Posted by MichelleMacFluffington View Post
    Male bunny. Two large testicles. Vet has no idea how prior vet missed this. No wonder he and my neutered boy were fighting.
    Oh for goodness sake !!

Do you have proof from the previous owner that a ‘spay’ was attempted ?