• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Rabbit chewing clothes

Floofbunny

Young Bun
Hi,
I have a new mini lop and am quite used to the occasional clothes nibble (This is my 11th bun)

But this rabbit goes to the extreme, she has obliterated three t-shirts already.

She's got a gnawing multiple block on a chain that she chews daily and she's not really bored either.
Her teeth are fine and she seems to want to be snuggled.

What can I do to stop her excessive chewing of my clothes?

Does she have free access to hay to eat?
How about some fresh apple or willow branches with leaves on? Maybe hang them up or put them in a vase / pot for more interest.
How old is she, and is she neutered?

For snuggle time, some bunnies like their own blanket. It may get holes, just make sure they are not eating the pieces which can cause gi blockage.

She can't be spayed as she's too young.
Also her relatives are famous for being terrible under anathesia.

I tried bonding her to other rabbits slowly, she hated it.

It could be attention seeking or behaviour issues on being left alone and wanting attention, she thinks by doing this she will get the attention and the cycle continues.
Spaying may help but some rabbits lone rabbits will continue this as a way for wanting company and get their frustrations out

Back