Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Lone doe

I hope doggie gets on well at the vets & wishing lots of happy & easy bonding vibes

Thanks all.

Jojo labrador is going to the vet to have her pain medication reviewed. She has been doing a lot of panting and pacing lately and I am concerned.

Rusty poodle keeps licking, biting and scratching himself. No sign of fleas and no sore skin so maybe a food allergy. Have tried a few foods but no luck yet ... will ask the vet about that too.

Snowflake and Dusty seem a LOT more relaxed now that Logan and Moondust have moved out of the pet room. Make the most of it guys Daisy will be with you soon. Guilt.

I hope Jojo is ok. Have you tried cutting out chicken and grain from Rusty’s diet? They often seem to cause issues. James wellbeloved and Skinners are both good for hypoallergenic kibble. I feed raw now and that suits my dog really well

Thanks for the food advice Zoobec, very helpful.

Do you know of any wet foods that may be suitable? He has a tablespoon of wet food twice a day on his harringtons kibble. Used to be chappie but had to change to butchers as tesco dont seem to have chappie in stock very often.

He did try a very expensive wet food from the vet (high meat content) but he refused to eat it after a few weeks ...
    Last edited by tulsi; 30-06-2022 at 11:35 AM.

Wise Old Thumper

Quote Originally Posted by tulsi View Post
    Thanks all.

Jojo labrador is going to the vet to have her pain medication reviewed. She has been doing a lot of panting and pacing lately and I am concerned.

Rusty poodle keeps licking, biting and scratching himself. No sign of fleas and no sore skin so maybe a food allergy. Have tried a few foods but no luck yet ... will ask the vet about that too.

Snowflake and Dusty seem a LOT more relaxed now that Logan and Moondust have moved out of the pet room. Make the most of it guys Daisy will be with you soon. Guilt.
    Hi Tulsi. Have you considered it could be a mite problem - you wouldn't possibly be able to see anything without a microscope. Good luck and hope you get them sorted out. xx

The vet gave them a spot on flea treatment as she found flea dirts on Jojo's ears ... hopefully that will be that.

Will keep mites in mind if the itchng doesnt clear up soon. Thanks tonibun.

Eeek. Bonding day.

Wise Old Thumper

Good luck

Warren Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by tonibun View Post
    Hi Tulsi. Have you considered it could be a mite problem - you wouldn't possibly be able to see anything without a microscope. Good luck and hope you get them sorted out. xx
    One of my dogs used to get harvest mites on his underneath (where the fur is thinnest) when the grass is long (ie around now). They are too tiny to see but cause a lot of irritation. Easily fixed with the right treatment from the vet (ie expensive spot-on).

Thanks Shimmer.

I have put Daisy Dusty and Snowflake in the bonding pen. 3 litter trays. Greens. Daisy and Dusty follow each other a lot. Daisy had a wash and Dusty is eating,

Snowflake is the least relaxed. He just had a wash. They all keep searching for a way out but only curiosity not urgent.

Oh Dusty annoying Daisy. Both laying close together now. Dusty is eating, Daisy looks tense.

I put in some pellets. Dusty is eating!

Dusty sniffed Daisys ear. Daisy exploring, near Dusty who is in a hay tray. Daisy joined her. Dusty hopped out.

All reasonably calm so far.
    Last edited by tulsi; 01-07-2022 at 11:37 AM.