• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Lone doe

Thank you tonibun, that is very iseful to hear and certainly very tempting. I would LOVE to be able to keep Dusty. Snowflake is cool with it and Dusty could be.

I wonder if Daisy's deafness is part of the reason that she is so reactive to Dusty?

Oh also should I swap them over to get them used to being in eaxh others spaces?

I feel very nervous about them being together with no barrier. How will I know when to do this??? There probably isnt really a definitive answer to that.

just caught up properly. What a roller coaster. I think I'd be tempted to keep the side by side going til after you've moved & review then. I do think its a good way for rabbits to suss each other out a bit although hierarchies are only sorted face to face I guess. If its working now I wouldn't change too much ...moving is stressful enough...but yeah I'd poo & bedding swap but only if I was in a position to deal with the aftermath (I think unlikely) it might upset your pair.

So poo and bedding swap but keeping them their same sides of the shed?

So signs of upset atm but then not sure how to tell if Dusty is naffed off. Snowflake and S
Daisy spend a lot of time really flopped out looking very chill. Dusty tends to look alert.

So poo and bedding swap but keeping them their same sides of the shed?

So signs of upset atm but then not sure how to tell if Dusty is naffed off. Snowflake and S
Daisy spend a lot of time really flopped out looking very chill. Dusty tends to look alert.

yep different sides for now & i'd delay poop and bedding swap til after move...unless you got time & nerves to spare. Only what I'd do. I guess Dusty would look alert as she's alone & got trust issues with S&D

I agree with j&b. I had Tui and Froe with a divider between for (I think) about 4 days and the behaviour changed a lot in that time. They definitely became more relaxed with another bunny being there over that time.

I think the key factor with your 3 is the fact that you're going to be moving, which would have probably upset them even if they were bonded, as it would have been a new bond. Better to keep them as they are and review things once you've moved I would think.

I would put the bonding on hold now until you are in your new home. Moving is stressful and this will pass on to the Bunnies making it harder to bond them.

Thank you all so much. My main problem is having a smaller living space available for the rabbits and guinea pigs but I guess if it was only temporary until they bonded it would be ok.

Dusty was out in her run this morning and seems a LOT more relaxed.

Back