• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Lone doe

Todays news is Snowflake and Daisy had a lovely mutual grooming session for ages. The little sweeties.

Snowflake really does remind me of Joey when he had 2 wives. What a lovely boy :love: Are you feeling confident yet?

I am so glad that Snowflake is being lovely with both of them.

It is really good to see Daisy getting some loves after losing Frosty. But ... poor lkttle Dusty is now the odd rabbit out.

It was a Snowflake and Daisy love fest all day today.

I will feel confident once Daisy and Dusty get friendly. I only have space for 2 rabbit set ups in the new house to be.

Yesterday Snowflake spent most of the time with Daisy. All seemed ok.

Today Daisy and Dusty had a massive round and round fight. I managed to gently intervene (with a soft broom). I scooped Dusty up and she is now in a separate pen next to the love birds.

Snowflake and Daisy are totally in love.

Sadly this trio is not to be. I had a few tears today as I simply do not have enough space for three set ups in the new garden (no spare indoor space at all). I am downsizing considerably.

Dusty is one of the most beautiful rabbits I have ever seen and reminds me of my soul rabbit, Lady Alice whom I had as a child. Going to put Daisy and Snowflake out into the shed today.

Oh poor little Dusty.

Oh I'm so sad for you and of course Dusty :(

Will you try again in a little while with Loganberry and Moondust?

Nope. Loganberry was hard to bond and had been aggressive with other rabbits before finding love with Moondust. Dont want to risk another trio.

Will have to have a really good think about what to do ... at the moment it looks as if the practical solution is to rehome Dusty.

Nope. Loganberry was hard to bond and had been aggressive with other rabbits before finding love with Moondust. Dont want to risk another trio.

Will have to have a really good think about what to do ... at the moment it looks as if the practical solution is to rehome Dusty.

It's hard :(

Messaged Jill at Honeybunnies. Weekend now so will probably hear something next week. Oh God this is heart breaking.

Thank you Zoobec. She is suddenly looking extra lovely. I know it is only because I am having to lose her but honestly she is one of the most beautiful rabbits I have ever known. Lovely temperament too and the only one of my rabbits who likes to be stroked.

I moved all 3 out into my big shed (with a divider). Daisy and Dusty spent most of the day near each other. Snowflake went outside and shade bathed.

I moved all 3 out into my big shed (with a divider). Daisy and Dusty spent most of the day near each other. Snowflake went outside and shade bathed.

So are you having another go at it ?:) If so, it sounds quite positive doesn't it, even though I know there's a divider?

That wasnt the plan initially. The pet room is where all the packed stuff is going so I needed them all outside. I am not sure how to tell if they would be alright without the barrier ... nervous now after that awful round and round flying fur ball fight the other day.

Do you think they could come back from that?

That wasnt the plan initially. The pet room is where all the packed stuff is going so I needed them all outside. I am not sure how to tell if they would be alright without the barrier ... nervous now after that awful round and round flying fur ball fight the other day.

Do you think they could come back from that?

I think it's hard to tell, but I would also think it's worth a try. If I remember rightly on the bonding videos from Mischief&Tinker'sMum there were some pretty nasty scuffles during the bonding. The girls would need to get to trust each other. I guess you haven't got long before you need to decide? Although could you have them like they are at the moment to start with in your new property? Moving them soon after bonding would anyway possibly have unsettled them.

I agree with Omi, I think it's worth giving it another try. I managed to rebond Fudgie and Snoopy after they had a horrendous fight three months into their bond. They couldn't even stand to look at each other, it was that bad. I'm not going to lie, things were pretty tense for a while afterwards but they did get there in the end.

Fudgie also fought with Scipio when I first put them together. I kept them apart for a week then tried again and it went a lot better after that. Although it did take them about 6 months to cement their bond.

So I wouldn't give up on the girls working through their differences, even if it may take a while. I'm definitely of the opinion that you shouldn't force a bond, but I wouldn't give up if there are some tentacles of hope. If the girls tolerated each other ok prior to the fight then I'd say there is that glimmer of hope.

Hmm. All very interesting. Daisy didnt really like Dusty at all during the bonding. She (Daisy) would nip her out the way if Dusty came anywhere near her. Also Daisy suddenly rediscovered Snowflake (they lived together for many years as a quad with Daisys sister Tessie, rip and Snowflakes brother Frosty rip) and I guess wanted him all to herself. He was happy to be with either of them.

Dusty suddenly got fed up with being nipped out the way and fought back with enthusiasm.

I know it's very difficult but I agree with Omi. I think there is still hope for a trio as it's early days but, at the end of the day, it is your decision.

Back