• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Lone doe

tulsi

Wise Old Thumper
My lovely blue eyed white rabbit, Daisy is now on her own. Her buck and companion for many years, Frosty passed away this afternoon after a short illness.

Daisy lives outside in a shed/aviary combination. She loves being outdoors.

I have two indoor m/f pairs. Snowflake (Frosty's brother) and Dusty (from honeybunnies) and a younger pair, Loganberry and his doe, Moondust (also from honeybunnies).

I am wondering if bonding Daisy to either of the pairs would be a good idea. Daisy is deaf and will be 10 in august. Loganberry wasnt easy to bond due to being quite feisty.

Oh dear. Bonding is so complex!

My lovely blue eyed white rabbit, Daisy is now on her own. Her buck and companion for many years, Frosty passed away this afternoon after a short illness.

Daisy lives outside in a shed/aviary combination. She loves being outdoors.

I have two indoor m/f pairs. Snowflake (Frosty's brother) and Dusty (from honeybunnies) and a younger pair, Loganberry and his doe, Moondust (also from honeybunnies).

I am wondering if bonding Daisy to either of the pairs would be a good idea. Daisy is deaf and will be 10 in august. Loganberry wasnt easy to bond due to being quite feisty.

Oh dear. Bonding is so complex!

I think I would give it a try with either pair. I think it would be difficult to predict which of the two pairs would be more likely to give a positive result. Snowflake and Dusty bonded easily didn't they? If so, I would give them a try first I think.

Yes, I agree bonding is complex!

Well remembered re Snowflake and Dusty's bond! Yes Inam inclined to try them first as Daisy has lived with Snowflake in the past.

Oh my. How will I manage this??! Maybe I will clean out the shed and put Logan and Moondust out there and bond the others in M and L's half of the pet room. Quite exciting!

So I am almost ready to start the bonding. Loganberry and Moondust have now been moved out into the smaller shed and their space is free to set up a bonding pen.

I have to take my dog to the vet on thursday so may wait til friday ...

Worried that Dusty and Daisy will not get on.

Wish me luck!

I am sorry to read of the passing of Frosty.
Sending you loads of bonding vibes - I hope that they all behave themselves. Xx

Thanks all.

Jojo labrador is going to the vet to have her pain medication reviewed. She has been doing a lot of panting and pacing lately and I am concerned.

Rusty poodle keeps licking, biting and scratching himself. No sign of fleas and no sore skin so maybe a food allergy. Have tried a few foods but no luck yet ... will ask the vet about that too.

Snowflake and Dusty seem a LOT more relaxed now that Logan and Moondust have moved out of the pet room. Make the most of it guys Daisy will be with you soon. Guilt.

I hope Jojo is ok. Have you tried cutting out chicken and grain from Rusty’s diet? They often seem to cause issues. James wellbeloved and Skinners are both good for hypoallergenic kibble. I feed raw now and that suits my dog really well

Thanks for the food advice Zoobec, very helpful.

Do you know of any wet foods that may be suitable? He has a tablespoon of wet food twice a day on his harringtons kibble. Used to be chappie but had to change to butchers as tesco dont seem to have chappie in stock very often.

He did try a very expensive wet food from the vet (high meat content) but he refused to eat it after a few weeks ...

Last edited:
Thanks all.

Jojo labrador is going to the vet to have her pain medication reviewed. She has been doing a lot of panting and pacing lately and I am concerned.

Rusty poodle keeps licking, biting and scratching himself. No sign of fleas and no sore skin so maybe a food allergy. Have tried a few foods but no luck yet ... will ask the vet about that too.

Snowflake and Dusty seem a LOT more relaxed now that Logan and Moondust have moved out of the pet room. Make the most of it guys Daisy will be with you soon. Guilt.

Hi Tulsi. Have you considered it could be a mite problem - you wouldn't possibly be able to see anything without a microscope. Good luck and hope you get them sorted out. xx

The vet gave them a spot on flea treatment as she found flea dirts on Jojo's ears ... hopefully that will be that.

Will keep mites in mind if the itchng doesnt clear up soon. Thanks tonibun.

Eeek. Bonding day.

Hi Tulsi. Have you considered it could be a mite problem - you wouldn't possibly be able to see anything without a microscope. Good luck and hope you get them sorted out. xx

One of my dogs used to get harvest mites on his underneath (where the fur is thinnest) when the grass is long (ie around now). They are too tiny to see but cause a lot of irritation. Easily fixed with the right treatment from the vet (ie expensive spot-on).

Thanks Shimmer.

I have put Daisy Dusty and Snowflake in the bonding pen. 3 litter trays. Greens. Daisy and Dusty follow each other a lot. Daisy had a wash and Dusty is eating,

Snowflake is the least relaxed. He just had a wash. They all keep searching for a way out but only curiosity not urgent.

Oh Dusty annoying Daisy. Both laying close together now. Dusty is eating, Daisy looks tense.

I put in some pellets. Dusty is eating!

Dusty sniffed Daisys ear. Daisy exploring, near Dusty who is in a hay tray. Daisy joined her. Dusty hopped out.

All reasonably calm so far.

Last edited:
Back