• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Lone doe

Dusty just flopped down next to Daisy. Da not esp relaxed and moved. Dusty exploring. Daisy washing and Snowflake keeping still. Oh he and daisy are both washing now x

Dusty is eating!

So Dusty and Daisy had a round and round fight with fur pulling. Snowflake raced over, I got into the pen and it all calmed down. I think Dusty is the most on edge now.

Daisy is laying down, Snowflake is washing and Dusty is by the hay rack with her ears up.

Last edited:
Thanks for the food advice Zoobec, very helpful.

Do you know of any wet foods that may be suitable? He has a tablespoon of wet food twice a day on his harringtons kibble. Used to be chappie but had to change to butchers as tesco dont seem to have chappie in stock very often.

He did try a very expensive wet food from the vet (high meat content) but he refused to eat it after a few weeks ...
Skinners do wet foods, Alfie my bridge gsd and Yoshi both like it a lot. I used it as a topper on kibble too. Skinners are good at sending out samples

Daisy has just come alive. Exploring, eating and cilling. Snowflke has come out of his corner and Dusty is the quiet one now.

Teken pics. Will upload later.

Oh dear ... Snowflake and Daisy are so loved up and both of them are not overjoyed to see Dusty.

The risk with trios I suppose. I only have enough room for 2 set ups in my new house to be hence this bonding process. They will all have to be outside which is not my first choice but hey ho.

Hope Daisy and Dusty get friendly as time goes on.

I'm loving your commentary - takes me back to my own group bonds.
I so hope it works. I loved having a trio & I really felt they loved it too. It's weird though cos it literally took us years & years to work out Boo was Joeys secret favourite over Mouse (even that might not be true as it came to light during quad bonding so may have been a threat to hierarchy thing). No bun was ever left out although admittedly Mouse was moved on by Boo & chased at times. Mousey in turn would initiate chase games with Boo (probably practice). Sorry I'm rambling. I do find bonding fascinating.

Will you watch them overnight? I feel knackered just reading what they are up to :lol:

I am bravely (foolishly) leaving my bedroom door open and the pet room door open and hoping my intuition will take me downstairs to intercept as needed.

Daisy is a little more relaxed now that she has rediscovered Snowflake. It is so sweet that they are all cuddly together. Snowflake was always mr wuss when his brother Frosty was alive but now he is bossing both does around!

Will check them in a bit and top up hay and give special bonding vegetables. I love bonding. I am wired and knackered all at once.

Sounds as though it's going well so far :) I think that's the first time I've read the words "I love bonding" on this thread :lol: keep it up bunnies !

All went well last night. I did get up and check at 4am and no fluff. Snowflake Daisy and Dusty were all sitting separately.

Dusty definately seemed more relaxed this morning. Will be putting in some more willow today. They make short work of it. I have been growing it in the garden before I knew I would be moving. It is lovely. Really tall. Only took them about 15 minutes to demolish a good sized bundle of it!

All went well last night. I did get up and check at 4am and no fluff. Snowflake Daisy and Dusty were all sitting separately.

Dusty definately seemed more relaxed this morning. Will be putting in some more willow today. They make short work of it. I have been growing it in the garden before I knew I would be moving. It is lovely. Really tall. Only took them about 15 minutes to demolish a good sized bundle of it!

I'm so pleased that it's all going well :D I think that Willow is always popular.

Just went to check on them. Snowflake is laying down on his side, head on the floor toatally asleep. Daisy is next to him.

Dusty is a litter tray length away from them and is eating. She is so delicate and small and eats sooo much!

There is a definate relaxed vibe in the bonding pen. Snowflake spent a vit of time with Dusty today x

Back