Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Jack dog

Default Jack dog

I've not been around much as Jack is taking up a lot of my time with his diabetes and now all he eats is home cooked so we have a strict regime of home blood testing, cooking his meals and insulin injections. But we are getting there and despite him also going downhill on his legs he is still enjoying life, we have been making use of his buggy to go to some nice walks he enjoys. We did fit a human sensor that has been well used in dogs but sadly couldn't use it as neither of our phones were compatible with the app to scan it!!

Sent from my moto g( power using Tapatalk

IF YOU NEED HELP WITH ANYTHING PLEASE SEND ME A PM OR ANY OF THE OTHER FORUM BUDDIES

he is adorable and looks very content it’s hard work nursing an old dog, I know xx

Quote Originally Posted by Zoobec View Post
    he is adorable and looks very content itís hard work nursing an old dog, I know xx
    Thank you, it is difficult isn't it, especially when I have others looking at him and only seeing the negatives. Diabetes is a huge commitment financially and emotionally on top of other old dog issues, like accidents in the house, falls etc, but I know he's ok for now. I found it hard initially looking at how he is now, compared to what he used to be like and seeing a different dog, but I've adapted now and will give him the best care for how he is now.

In other news Jake and Fern had their vaccines today and all is well, they're moulting so badly the consult room and myself was just covered with fluff xx

IF YOU NEED HELP WITH ANYTHING PLEASE SEND ME A PM OR ANY OF THE OTHER FORUM BUDDIES

Wise Old Thumper

He looks really alert and happy It really can't be easy, but I do think you are giving him wonderful care.

Aww...wee Jack, you are so very deeply loved, laddie.

It's hard isn't it, that we feel judgement from others who aren't there with the dog, 24/7, seeing not only the hardships but also the deep joy they still give us despite their infirmities? Dogs are, as all animal companions, the angels we are entertaining unawares.

I totally get the time it takes, too. Jenna is a full time job. No one at my work really gets it. I spent the whole day with her yesterday as it was her 14th birthday. She pretty much slept through most of it, as usual. But when she's awake she's a handful.

Good news about Jake and Fern
    Usually it's the bunnies in the family that are the ones needing intense nursing. You are all in my thoughts. xxxxx

Jack is the sweetest dog.

He looks very relaxed about everything

I used to be ĎJackís-Janeí but I have been logged out of that account and I canít get back in !

He looks content and relaxed, and love shines out of his eyes. He knows he's being well looked after, and is cherished, that's all that matters xx

Quote Originally Posted by Liz47 View Post
    Thank you, it is difficult isn't it, especially when I have others looking at him and only seeing the negatives. Diabetes is a huge commitment financially and emotionally on top of other old dog issues, like accidents in the house, falls etc, but I know he's ok for now. I found it hard initially looking at how he is now, compared to what he used to be like and seeing a different dog, but I've adapted now and will give him the best care for how he is now.

In other news Jake and Fern had their vaccines today and all is well, they're moulting so badly the consult room and myself was just covered with fluff xx
    It is very hard but you are doing everything you can for him. he certainly looks content and that is the main thing.

Thatís really good about Jake and Fern. Not about the flying fluff obviously

He looks quite content in his photos. Sending vibes he can stay happy as long as possible. He is lucky to have you.