• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Jack dog

Liz47

Wise Old Thumper
I've not been around much as Jack is taking up a lot of my time with his diabetes and now all he eats is home cooked so we have a strict regime of home blood testing, cooking his meals and insulin injections. But we are getting there and despite him also going downhill on his legs he is still enjoying life, we have been making use of his buggy to go to some nice walks he enjoys. We did fit a human sensor that has been well used in dogs but sadly couldn't use it as neither of our phones were compatible with the app to scan it!!
b5d7b1e8b041bb2b6ced80055d3e729c.jpg
413f778caacdb331a52b3e0a7c72577c.jpg
3adf88f866d42022d28cd10834530838.jpg
032923ff64f240fd1a30ee699c87e082.jpg
0966290ab19ca019c2201147b083e798.jpg

Sent from my moto g(8) power using Tapatalk

:love: he is adorable and looks very content :love: it’s hard work nursing an old dog, I know xx

:love: he is adorable and looks very content :love: it’s hard work nursing an old dog, I know xx

Thank you, it is difficult isn't it, especially when I have others looking at him and only seeing the negatives. Diabetes is a huge commitment financially and emotionally on top of other old dog issues, like accidents in the house, falls etc, but I know he's ok for now. I found it hard initially looking at how he is now, compared to what he used to be like and seeing a different dog, but I've adapted now and will give him the best care for how he is now.

In other news Jake and Fern had their vaccines today and all is well, they're moulting so badly the consult room and myself was just covered with fluff :lol: xx

He looks really alert and happy :love: It really can't be easy, but I do think you are giving him wonderful care.

Aww...wee Jack, you are so very deeply loved, laddie. :love:

It's hard isn't it, that we feel judgement from others who aren't there with the dog, 24/7, seeing not only the hardships but also the deep joy they still give us despite their infirmities? :( Dogs are, as all animal companions, the angels we are entertaining unawares. :love:

I totally get the time it takes, too. Jenna is a full time job. No one at my work really gets it. I spent the whole day with her yesterday as it was her 14th birthday. She pretty much slept through most of it, as usual. But when she's awake she's a handful.

Good news about Jake and Fern
:) Usually it's the bunnies in the family that are the ones needing intense nursing. You are all in my thoughts. xxxxx

He looks content and relaxed, and love shines out of his eyes. He knows he's being well looked after, and is cherished, that's all that matters xx

Thank you, it is difficult isn't it, especially when I have others looking at him and only seeing the negatives. Diabetes is a huge commitment financially and emotionally on top of other old dog issues, like accidents in the house, falls etc, but I know he's ok for now. I found it hard initially looking at how he is now, compared to what he used to be like and seeing a different dog, but I've adapted now and will give him the best care for how he is now.

In other news Jake and Fern had their vaccines today and all is well, they're moulting so badly the consult room and myself was just covered with fluff :lol: xx

It is very hard but you are doing everything you can for him. he certainly looks content and that is the main thing.

That’s really good about Jake and Fern. Not about the flying fluff obviously :lol:

He looks quite content in his photos. Sending vibes he can stay happy as long as possible. He is lucky to have you.

Thank you everyone :love:

Aww happy birthday Jenna! Jack's is coming up and hoping to go to the beach and a park that's really nice if he's up to it. My partner was worried about the amount of time Jack spends sleeping, and how quickly he falls asleep in situations he'd never previously have slept in. He was thinking it's the insulin or he needs to go back to the vets but he's had a lot of bloods run recently and his glucose levels are ok, I read elderly dogs can sleep 18-22 hours a day!! So I do think it's age and hope he's comfortable at least.

We went to Castle Howard today to a dog festival, Jack won 2nd in golden oldie and enjoyed a bit of a walk round the grounds but mainly a push and fell asleep in his buggy :love:
44d836d24bdf1e8d89007f2feb2e8e11.jpg
39d9caab2e1dad0501bb943f2d61903f.jpg
fdd67a99f38c08ca41ddee7dbf76c061.jpg
8e51f55cdfe08ef4ef309703fae2dffb.jpg
545fd63607785ab5f60b76d362567dce.jpg
2dd793036b6a06dc85df7c8744aea38a.jpg
3b9b54b8deeff9791aada8d3635068e7.jpg

Sent from my moto g(8) power using Tapatalk

Thank you, it was a dog festival event so got to meet loads of other dogs and a few others in buggies. :D

Back