Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Weepy Eye

Hybrid View

Default Weepy Eye

Blossom's down tilted eye is very weepy, it almost seems like it's just below the eye?

I'm wondering if she might have a blocked tear duct, she's absolutely fine in herself and really enjoying me cleaning it with slightly warm black tea.

Our vets have outsourced their weekend service while they're having building work done and I'm not keen on taking them as there's no exotic vet on a Sunday.

Is there anything else I can do to help until tomorrow?

Sent from my SM-A528B using Tapatalk

I've no experience, but if she's fine in her self ,and letting you bathe it, I would have thought she'd be fine till tomorrow. Sending vibes along in the meantime xx
    IF YOU NEED HELP WITH ANYTHING PLEASE SEND ME A PM OR ANY OF THE OTHER FORUM BUDDIES

Wise Old Thumper InspectorMorse's Avatar

I would just continue with the eye bathing. Are you using an eye lubricant too ?

When bathing the eye if you put gentle pressure on and around the nasolacrimal duct you might be able to dislodge gunk if there is some near the surface.

Dignity in Dying should be a Human Right
    https://www.dignityindying.org.uk/

I used to be ‘Jack’s-Jane’ but I have been logged out of that account and I can’t get back in !

Quote Originally Posted by InspectorMorse View Post
    I would just continue with the eye bathing. Are you using an eye lubricant too ?

When bathing the eye if you put gentle pressure on and around the nasolacrimal duct you might be able to dislodge gunk if there is some near the surface.
    Yes using viscotears for her. Thanks I'll try a bit of pressure, she really seems to enjoy it so don't think it'll be an issue.

Wise Old Thumper InspectorMorse's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by CarelessSquid07 View Post
    Yes using viscotears for her. Thanks I'll try a bit of pressure, she really seems to enjoy it so don't think it'll be an issue.

Do it very gently. It is only possible to clear gunk without cannulating the duct if the gunk is near the surface.

Dignity in Dying should be a Human Right
    https://www.dignityindying.org.uk/

I used to be ‘Jack’s-Jane’ but I have been logged out of that account and I can’t get back in !

My tilty bun used to get this, I used to clean it with a warm compress and lubricate twice daily. Hopefully it's not blocked, I remember my vet telling me it was relatively common in tilty buns. Checking it regularly also gave me peace of mind just in case.

Sending vibrs it clears quickly.

Thanks for all the vibes.

Blossom had the duct flushed today and had a teeny blockage.

Vet suggested we wash with saline for now and if it reblocks we'll look at drops etc.

Thankfully Blossom took it all in her stride demanding treats from hubby on the drive home!

Oh Blossom, never one to waste an opportunity for a treat. Glad the trip went well. Is it bonding time soon?

Quote Originally Posted by joey&boo View Post
    Oh Blossom, never one to waste an opportunity for a treat. Glad the trip went well. Is it bonding time soon?
    It is!

I have next week booked off so hoping to go ahead then. I can't wait for them to be together again I just hope Rodney tempers his excitement!