• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Sadly my boys are not working out

Bigbunnybella

Young Bun
Can anyone advise please?

As a brief recap because I did post about them here before but ages ago so no one will remember.
I lost a doe leaving me with a lone buck, he was pretty unhappy and it was during lockdown, all rescues were closed so a baby was my old option.
Got Bella from a “breeder” who promised she was a girl. They bonded easily and were great until the buck died.
Along came Fiver, I took him in after he was found on the side of a road. Owners were tracked down but didn’t want him, they said he was a neutered male.
Took Bella to be spayed… Bella was a boy.
The vet said not to panic they may still bond.
However a long way down the line they hate each other. They would fight til the death I think, fiver tries to break out constantly and has succeeded a few time during which a huge fight has happened. I don’t have space to keep them both separate forever and don’t want to have to get two more to bond with each boy.
Fiver growls and seems aggressive at Bella through the fence but they do sit together much of the time.
As such I’m not sure if they are happy alongside or if it’s stressful.
Fiver apparently has always lived alone anyway, Bella hasn’t and I’m sure wants company, he loves the dogs and cat who visit daily and comes straight over to say hello, this makes me feel guilty as obviously he then is alone again when they come in, they can’t stay with him.
It’s difficult for me as my rabbit pen has had to be split and I can’t use the summer run outside so I’m unable to look after them as I’d like. Any ideas please?

Back