• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

JJ Needs Vibes Please

InspectorMorse

Wise Old Thumper
Found very cold and flat about 4 hours ago

Severe diarrhoea

Had all emergency medication, currently on fluids and heat lamp

It is not looking good

:cry:

Omg I'm so sorry to hear that. I hope JJ recovers very quickly. I'm sending too many vibrations for JJ xx

Thank you. He is brighter now he has warmed up. I can only assume the diarrhoea was caused by him eating quite a few fresh apple tree leaves yesterday. It is the only possible dietary cause. The diarrhoea did not have the sinister smell of coccidiosis ( sorry) and he has not passed any for about 2 hours now. At one point it was pouring out of him.

He is still on fluids and pain relief. He has had some Fibreplex too.He has started to eat a bit of hay so I am not syringe feeding him at this stage. Hay is what he needs most.

Really thought I was going to loose him at first as he was like a floppy rag doll :cry:

Thank you. He is brighter now he has warmed up. I can only assume the diarrhoea was caused by him eating quite a few fresh apple tree leaves yesterday. It is the only possible dietary cause. The diarrhoea did not have the sinister smell of coccidiosis ( sorry) and he has not passed any for about 2 hours now. At one point it was pouring out of him.

He is still on fluids and pain relief. He has had some Fibreplex too.He has started to eat a bit of hay so I am not syringe feeding him at this stage. Hay is what he needs most.

Really thought I was going to loose him at first as he was like a floppy rag doll :cry:

Good news :D

Jeez, what a scare. :( I hope he'll continue to improve.
Apple leaves...huh...that's usually such a good forage for bunnies. Funny how some just can't process them. Fiver could not eat oat hay for any reason, instead of causing diarrhea he would block up completely...no amount of water would help move things. We had to cut it out altogether, yet Pip could eat it like it was going out of style! :roll:

Still keeping you and John Joe in my thoughts and prayers but I know he's in the best of hands. He will be just fine. :love: xxxxx

Heart stopping moment on two counts - thought it was JJ the person from the headline. Then realised it wasn't. So sending many vibes for JJ bunny, and hoping for a speedy recovery - and to JJ person for nursing him through this.

That must have been quite a scare to see him so ill. He is lucky to have you to give him suvh prompt care. Sending you and JJ lots of vibes.

Thanks everyone, JJ ( the Bunny) is doing much better now and eating lots of hay.

Cleaning him up was a stomach churning task :mrgreen::mrgreen:

Back