Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Louis - He now has a little Friend! - Have split them up!

Wise Old Thumper

Default Louis - He now has a little Friend! - Have split them up!

I know some Males swell up a bit post neuter and I will ring the Vet in the morning, but Louis' testicles are the size of a large grape and I have seen them like this before, so really just want some reassurance that this swelling will eventually go down. It is so cold out there as well.
    Last edited by tonibun; 11-05-2022 at 11:50 AM.

Wise Old Thumper InspectorMorse's Avatar

Some swelling is normal, but if the scrotum looks very bruised and the swelling is extreme then that requires Veterinary attention ASAP. I assume he was prescribed Metacam for a few days ?

Is he eating, pooping, drinking and weeing OK ? And is he maintaining his body temperature ?

Dignity in Dying should be a Human Right
    https://www.dignityindying.org.uk/

I used to be ‘Jack’s-Jane’ but I have been logged out of that account and I can’t get back in !

Wise Old Thumper

It doesn't look bruised just swollen. He is doing all the normal things very well but don't know about his temperature. It is very cold out there, I had stopped the Metacam but I will give him some in a minute. He seems to be happier outside and I have my friend's 2 Rabbits staying over Christmas in my lounge as they are indoor Bunnies so I can't keep him inside really. Just a bit worried.

Wise Old Thumper InspectorMorse's Avatar

Definitely continue with the Metacam. Does he have a Snugglesafe Heatpad ?

Dignity in Dying should be a Human Right
    https://www.dignityindying.org.uk/

I used to be ‘Jack’s-Jane’ but I have been logged out of that account and I can’t get back in !

Warren Veteran

The rabbit I had castrated a month ago had some swelling for about 3 days:

Neutered Mon - no swelling, but v out of it til about midnight.
    Tues OK,
    Wed, Thurs - moderate swelling (to about pre-castration size), no bruising,
    Fri - nearly resolved.
    Checkup at 1 week - no swelling. All looking good.

He was confined to the hutch until the first weekend as it was wet & muddy in the garden, so not fit for him to be out and risk infection in the wound.

Wise Old Thumper

I did give him a hot water bottle but he nibbled the rubber! I have never needed a Snugglesafe but wished I had one now. Googling.

Really sorry that you are worried about Louis Tonibun, hope the swelling goes down of its own accord. Could you wrap the bottle in something to stop him nibbling ?
    IF YOU NEED HELP WITH ANYTHING PLEASE SEND ME A PM OR ANY OF THE OTHER FORUM BUDDIES

Wise Old Thumper

The swelling has gone down a bit today and he is more cheerful with a twinkle in his eyes! He will need a friend soon.

Wise Old Thumper

I'm really pleased to read this update Have you already got a girlie in mind for him or will you need to adopt one?

Wise Old Thumper

Haha! I have one in mind. She is a white Nethie being advertised atm on Wightbay, 2 yrs old. She will need to be indoors though until Spring, then spayed. I may introduce them after Christmas when my friend's Rabbits have gone home. I don't have a spare female just at the moment, then I saw this little one yesterday being advertised. Eek!