• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Bonding - Buns fought and one now has his head tilted and another has a cut in the ea

josh41

New Kit
Here's the picture of the cut . https://imgur.com/piCa53Y

They been fine for now like 8 hours and one second something hit them and this happened. Our other bun now is sitting with his head tilted we checked him but no obvious injury or anything

EDIT1: They both dont show anything different, both still takes food , both still as excited and jumping for snack but still..

EDIT 2: To mention by head tilt i dont mean an actual 90 degree , i mean just very slight tilt.

Injuries that draw blood usually require Veterinary attention. Puncture wounds caused by bites often cause abscesses if not dealt with appropriately straight away. Rabbit abscesses are very challenging to resolve.

A Rabbit with a scratched cornea is likely to slightly tilt their head toward the side of the injured eye. A corneal abrasion might not be obvious without the use of a fluorescein dye. Another reason for a Vet check as corneal abrasions can become serious if left untreated. Ulcers that will not heal can occur and the Rabbit can end up losing the damaged eye.

Personally I would separate the Rabbits and get both examined by a Vet pdq.

Best to get it checked by a vet, particularly if one is tilting it's head as there could be a number of reasons for it, sometimes it can be serious.

As as been said, best let a vet have a look at it.

From the behaviour I would guess you've got 2 males there. Anyway, I too would seperate now. Are they neutered (and for how long now, it can take 6 weeks or so for hormones to dissipate)?

Back