Thread: Snack Time

Default Snack Time

PS, Cavolo Nero now £1.80 a bag

I used to be ‘Jack’s-Jane’ but I have been logged out of that account and I can’t get back in !

Wise Old Thumper

Quote Originally Posted by InspectorMorse View Post

PS, Cavolo Nero now £1.80 a bag
    Beautiful pic The price is shocking though as you get so much from just one plant. I guess it's to do with a shortage of labour for harvesting. Transportation costs could also be a factor I guess, because of an increase in fuel.

Aww they look like they are enjoying it, so worth every penny xx
    IF YOU NEED HELP WITH ANYTHING PLEASE SEND ME A PM OR ANY OF THE OTHER FORUM BUDDIES

awww my bunnies love their "black tongues" too though at that price they might not be getting them often

Bing and Bellas favourite. £1.50 Tesco but £1.70 Ocado. I'm guessing £1.80 Sainsburys.

£1.50 at my Sainsbury's, but prices aren't the same across the country. But there's no whole leaf kale at the moment (out of season until June IIRC) so we're on the expensive stuff. Still better value than the chopped kale We eat it, but we take the stalks out (Matt doesn't like them) and we have some conveniently cute waste disposers who're happy to finish off our leftovers. Cavolo nero is also really easy to strip off the stalks
    The geeky one... Pronouns: she/her/any.

Often available for bunny runs: PM for details.

I pay more for my Rabbit and Dog food than I do for my own !!

I used to be ‘Jack’s-Jane’ but I have been logged out of that account and I can’t get back in !

Wise Old Thumper

Quote Originally Posted by keletkezes View Post
    £1.50 at my Sainsbury's, but prices aren't the same across the country. But there's no whole leaf kale at the moment (out of season until June IIRC) so we're on the expensive stuff. Still better value than the chopped kale We eat it, but we take the stalks out (Matt doesn't like them) and we have some conveniently cute waste disposers who're happy to finish off our leftovers. Cavolo nero is also really easy to strip off the stalks
    We grow both types of Kale in the garden. At this time of the year, the plants produce side shoots, very similar to sprouting Broccoli. They are very prolific and very tasty I guess commercially, the plants are just uprooted.

Quote Originally Posted by Omi View Post
    We grow both types of Kale in the garden. At this time of the year, the plants produce side shoots, very similar to sprouting Broccoli. They are very prolific and very tasty I guess commercially, the plants are just uprooted.
    Yeah, it's big leaves or too labour intensive to mange as I understand!

Jane, Matt saw something on TV the other day about adopting rabbits and their quite-high costs per year, so asked me how much we spend on ours and it was about 10% IIRC XD
    The geeky one... Pronouns: she/her/any.

Often available for bunny runs: PM for details.