Thread: Yellow feet

Default Yellow feet

Where am I going wrong? Felix and Jellyís feet are so yellow. They live in the shed and they have garage matting that clicks together as their flooring and litter trays that have wooden cat litter in them. They also have blankets in different places but they donít pee on them. Every day I sweep and also mop their floor. I change their litter trays two to three times a week. Am I doing something wrong or is it normal that their feet are so yellow?
    Jelly & Felix

Wise Old Thumper InspectorMorse's Avatar

Litter trays need to be changed daily, IMO

Dignity in Dying should be a Human Right
    https://www.dignityindying.org.uk/

I used to be ĎJackís-Janeí but I have been logged out of that account and I canít get back in !

My last 3 (Inc current 2) have white feet and they're not yellow, I use the similar rubber matting and megazorb in trays. Trays are spot cleaned daily, changed fully maybe every 3 days as needed. Maybe it's the litter??

IF YOU NEED HELP WITH ANYTHING PLEASE SEND ME A PM OR ANY OF THE OTHER FORUM BUDDIES

Nothing wrong. Next time pick non white bun The only thing you can do is daily celaning soiled litter box. Some litter material is better then other. Trial and error.

Warren Veteran

I put hay on top of the litter trays - it helps keep the feet tidier as they are not sitting directly on wet litter.

Is the matting brown or yellow because white feet often pick up stains from their flooring?

I've had two babies with yellow feet from sawdust litter at their first home but that cleared up once they weren't living in a hutch but free ranging. Stakki had green feet as his owner allowed them in a run all day.

As Jane says I'd clean litter trays daily, also what litter are you using In the trays? And do you top with hay on top
    Last edited by mini lop1; 16-04-2022 at 10:08 PM.

Mama Doe

I clean my litter trays every day without fail, but Hammy boy (mainly white with brown/grey patches) always has slightly yellow feet. I think it's difficult to completely avoid.