• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

House bunny set ups

sillyrabbit

Wise Old Thumper
I would be really interested in seeing pics of buns indoor set ups if anyone would like to share!

I’m trying to decide on an option for like a bunnies ‘safe space’ atm. We currently have two of those really cheap ikea tables next to each other, with small rugs draped over them to provide a hidden area. It’s worked really well for us. My kid spends as much time sitting in there as my bunny does :lol:

But we are moving across the country, and I’ve noticed that although he hasn’t really gone at them, he’s done a small amount of chewing at the back. So decided for sure to leave these ones here, and if I go with the same approach see if I can get any similar tables that are natural. The ones we have are the white ikea ones, don’t even know what the coating is on them but it doesn’t look pet safe. Evidently I was under the impression my guy wasn’t a chewer when I got them. So yeah I mean if I’m changing them out, I was thinking I should also consider other options in case I come across a better idea!

I'm guessing they're the Lack tables or at least similar, fibreboard with a painted veneer. Not exactly safe but nothing to worry about either. I've found actually bare wood tables difficult to get hold of, most are varnished, treated, painted, but then I've stuck to the free ads XD I've always wondered about using a great big wooden box or three, like a massive wine crate or something, with either a blanket or sheet of wood covering half of it or a hole cut in it, or something along those lines.

I’ve been wondering able yet something like that too. I was thinking even like a little wooden kids step or stool covered. It needs to be sturdy enough and solid on the top so he can sit up there. I’m gonna keep looking.

Those lack tables are exactly what he has. He has two of them next to each other, and honestly I think it’s overkill. He never even sits under them. So I want something smaller this time!

I’ve not seen that, but plastic is a no go here :lol: Churro eats it. I’ve just had to replace one of my sons dolls because he got hold of it and chewed a hole in its head :shock: I don’t know what it is about plastic but he just goes at it.

Wood he tends to leave alone surprisingly. I just obviously worry about it being treated just in case!

Back