• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Pellets formula discussion

Orabi

New Kit
hello guys, I have a big farm and I'm going to make my own rabbit pellets? and I found two suggestion's which make me confused!

First one :
crude fiber over 18% with max protein 16% for lactating does and kits.
Second one:
cruder fiber between 12 : 15 with max protein 19% for lactating does and kits.

and there is many recourses says you have to add cereals and others say no cereals.
in my country the only options that I found to make my own pellets ( allffa hay , wheat bran (soft, hard) , Barley grain ,Maize grain, Sunflower meal 36% , Soybean meal 44%)
my diet depend on pellets only and as I mentioned before it's big farm.
is there any good pellets formula suggestion?
thank you

Are you wanting advice about the appropriate diet to meet the nutritional needs of fast growing Meat Rabbits or are you asking for advice about the most appropriate diet for Pet Rabbits ? I ask as you mention you are a large Farm and also imply that you have breeding Does.

A pellet only diet is not appropriate for Pet Rabbits as it will have a significant impact on their longterm health, especially relating to dentition and GI tract function

https://rabbitwelfare.co.uk/rabbit-care-advice/rabbit-diet/

https://thebritishrabbitcouncil.org/importance-diet.php

The nutritional needs of Meat Rabbits are different to those of Pet Rabbits. Does bred frequently need a higher protein intake, minimum 18%.

Last edited:
Yes it's a Meat Rabbit farm and if you don't mind can you help to give me a good pellet formula depends on ( allffa hay , wheat bran (soft, hard) , Barley grain ,Maize grain, Sunflower meal 36% , Soybean meal 44%) where I can use for all breading does and there kits to gain meat ( 2 kg in just 60 days after birth ) with out any lose of kits as possible. cause I make every possible composition leads me to nothing then I surrounded.
thanks for your help

This a pro-rescue pet rabbit forum, advocating neutering in pet rabbits. Many of us are also vege / vegan and find this topic distressing.
I doubt if there is anyone on here that has the expertise you are asking for.

Yes it's a Meat Rabbit farm and if you don't mind can you help to give me a good pellet formula depends on ( allffa hay , wheat bran (soft, hard) , Barley grain ,Maize grain, Sunflower meal 36% , Soybean meal 44%) where I can use for all breading does and there kits to gain meat ( 2 kg in just 60 days after birth ) with out any lose of kits as possible. cause I make every possible composition leads me to nothing then I surrounded.
thanks for your help

Well, this is a PET RABBIT Forum, so obviously your question is going to be very difficult (and distressing) for members to help you with.

May I respectfully advise that you seek the help you need to devise a diet to maximise your profit margin from the Rabbits you cull for meat from a resource that is better placed to advise you. There are bound to be several Groups on Facebook.

Also sites like this one

https://riseandshinerabbitry.com/2012/05/23/pellets-and-nutrition-for-meat-rabbits/

Last edited:
thanks for your help

Hi, I can highly recommend
www.rabbittalk.com
for topics like this :). Great site.

Back