• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Piggies!

Yes, probably about that.

They do learn a routine, so they will learn that veg and pellets come twice a day etc. But they always live in hope. [emoji38]
I'ma tell them Sarah said, when they freak out at me, they've getting like 4 times that in pellets atm.. [emoji38] I was told to feed them much more [emoji38]

Sent from my SM-G998B using Tapatalk

I'ma tell them Sarah said, when they freak out at me, they've getting like 4 times that in pellets atm.. [emoji38] I was told to feed them much more [emoji38]

Hehe, I just told my two that I was being mean to other pigs. :lol:

How many pellets were you told to feed then? I only feed more if I have an underweight pig (or growing ones). Pellets are the main source of excess calcium in the diet.

Last edited:
Just adding to this, there is a debate about how much veg to feed pigs, which is why I tend to feed more veg than I once did. The John Chitty webinar kind of supported this, because he was talking about the need for a lot more moisture in the diet, and I have still had bladder issues when following all the proper bladder diet protocols etc. But I don't know of any debate about how much dried food to feed (adults).

My mother in laws pigs managed to train her to feed them whenever they squeaked [emoji1787]

They got rather round, so she started doing a very strict feeding schedule and just going for a chat and a stroke or hay the rest of the time.

It worked eventually [emoji1787][emoji1787][emoji1787]

Sent from my SM-A528B using Tapatalk

Yeaaa it way more than that [emoji51]

No high calcium veggies, although parsley in small amounts a few times a week. Coz I have a plant [emoji38]

Mine get louder and louder if I ignore... It's really difficult [emoji51][emoji51][emoji51][emoji51]

My mother in laws pigs managed to train her to feed them whenever they squeaked [emoji1787]

They got rather round, so she started doing a very strict feeding schedule and just going for a chat and a stroke or hay the rest of the time.

It worked eventually [emoji1787][emoji1787][emoji1787]

Sent from my SM-A528B using Tapatalk
I guess pigs can shout and bunnies can't :lol: Lopsy would've vocalised if he thought it had moe chance I'm sure :lol:

Back