• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Piggies!

I used to have to trim my boy's hair when I had piggies, I kept it shorter round the bum and then just tried my best with the rest! I'd love more one day, they are just adorable.

Re the ponging, I think I just used to use carefresh in a corner litter tray, I may have been lucky that they were quite tidy. I also think male piggies tend to smell a bit more but that may just be me!

They are a stunning pair of piggies. They are beautiful gentle little souls with great personalities and superb lawn mowers. Their vocalisation is amazing when you get tuned to it. :love:

I use disposable puppy pads which I change twice a day. They are very absorbent so no smells!

Thanks everyone, we're gunna try hay out once the female stops having wet poops, she had way too much cucumber apparently the day before bonding and also at bonding, so I'm hoping that calms down, its easier to remove them fast on the fleece.

Anyone had a male and a female before?

I noticed when he rumble struts at her the smell gets worse! I'm wondering if it's a hormonal thing [emoji51]

They really stink [emoji51][emoji38]

Sent from my SM-G998B using Tapatalk

Also! Piggies smell! I'm gunna have to investigate the bed bedding situation for them I think, and get a better air purifier, coz they're pongy.. Like musky? [emoji38][emoji38][emoji38] I do have an extremely sensitive sense of smell though tbf to them [emoji38][emoji38]
Yes, it's the main reason I don't want them, also they're way too nervous for me really and indoor pets aren't my thing (and they wouldn't mange outdoor all year round here). I don't mind looking after friends' ones though, although I just offered and it hasn't happened yet so we'll see how that goes :lol:

You've got two awesome ones though, the shorthair is my favourite mammal colour combination :D

I've had a couple of male and female pairs including Rocco and Robyn now, Rocco does smell more 'piggy' but it's not a bad smell, I don't notice they smell more on fleece than they did other beddings but they've always got a slight smell, certainly in comparison with bunnies who don't smell at all

I've never had any Mr Pigs!

I only really notice a horrible smell when there is blood in the pee. Pearl absolutely stank. But they are never smell-free.

Yea maybe it's Mr pig! [emoji38] His face when I was telling him he stinks [emoji38]

I really can't think of names for them [emoji38] Idk why I struggling naming things so much!

Also got myself into a right situation with feeding, I can't open the fridge without them wheeking [emoji38] then how do I say no?! They aren't really having meals, more just constantly snacking [emoji51][emoji38]

886972be65e61c550bf1d7cd77a2c4b5.jpg

What does/doesn't she eat?

Bramble pig is fussy, and is teeny tiny compared to Hazel. She doesn't really eat any dried food whatsoever. She will eat hay, but she only really loves veg.

What does/doesn't she eat?

Bramble pig is fussy, and is teeny tiny compared to Hazel. She doesn't really eat any dried food whatsoever. She will eat hay, but she only really loves veg.

She apparently only likes cucumber and parsley really? Everything else she's a bit weird about? Idk she's eaten lettuce here and dill and parsley and spinach and red chard. Also dandelions and willow.. So Idk! She didn't want narna but Mr pig nearly took my finger off for some. He had a blueberry too but she didn't want one [emoji38] not that those are end of world. Apparently she doesn't like pepper or kale. Do yours have an favorites they love? I'm trying to think of some things to try them with [emoji38]

Apparently she didn't like pellets much, but she's gobbling up the ss grain free ones [emoji2372]

I feed.... erm... let me think! At the moment it's cucumber, two types of lettuce, coriander, spring greens, fine beans, peppers (green if I can get them), pea shoots. They get the same every day - mixed up. I never feed fruit.

I feed.... erm... let me think! At the moment it's cucumber, two types of lettuce, coriander, spring greens, fine beans, peppers (green if I can get them), pea shoots. They get the same every day - mixed up. I never feed fruit.

Ooo I'll give green beans a go, and spring greens thanks, do you feed any forage? I don't think I'll regularly feed fruit tbh

Ooo I'll give green beans a go, and spring greens thanks, do you feed any forage? I don't think I'll regularly feed fruit tbh

I feed some stuff from the garden this time of year, and kind of waiting for some decent grass (mine seems to be growing through really bad).

Mine will eat pretty much anything they are given, which includes kitchen scraps and weeds from the allotment, but not citrus fruit and tomatoes as they can cause mouth issues with being quite acidic. If it's safe for rabbits, it should be OK for piggies. Mine also like sweeter stuff, like bananas, strawberries. Peppers are always popular, and good for vitamin C. They make excellent lawnmowers as well.

My 3 adore fresh grass. They are not at all fussy though. Rosie was wheeking like a mad thing this afternoon and it wasnt even pellet o'clock (they usually only whistle at their regular breakfast and supper times).

I gave her a large handful of farm hay (5 pounds a bale, bargain) and she ambled over to it whistling away and then ... silence as she tucked in!

My 3 adore fresh grass. They are not at all fussy though. Rosie was wheeking like a mad thing this afternoon and it wasnt even pellet o'clock (they usually only whistle at their regular breakfast and supper times).

I gave her a large handful of farm hay (5 pounds a bale, bargain) and she ambled over to it whistling away and then ... silence as she tucked in!
Mine are wheeking everytime the fridge opens or a bag rustles.. [emoji38][emoji38][emoji38] Rosie sounds adorable [emoji7]

I've cleaned them out, I've put down back2nature pellets and loads of soft hay on top and put piles of hay on top of that with some hides amongst it all. So I hope that helps with the smell, but honestly it's really bad [emoji51] Michael said the smell hit him when he came home from work [emoji51] I gave them both a whiff when I picked them up and honestly they both smelt the same [emoji38][emoji38] so I think I was being unfair blaming mr piggie earlier. We'll see how this goes! They seem to be absolutely loving the hay tho they're tunneling in it and nomming, I actually think they prefer it tbh so maybe we do this anyway if they like the hay so much? Idek! I hope we can fix the smell thing or it settles, I did read on Google that sometimes bonding can make males extra whiffy, but Idk coz she smelt the same tbh, I think it's just the musky pig smell I'm not a fan of. I absolutely adore them though, the wheek sounds make me sooo happy [emoji7] I can't have my house absolutely stinking tho [emoji51]

Back