Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Piggies!

Default Piggies!

Yesterday I adopted these piggies! They only met each other yesterday too, so we're all new to each other no names yet, the white and grey long haired one is female and the other male.

They are very sweet

I ordered a c&c cage but it's not arrived yet, should be here next week, looking forward to using that over a cage!

Sent from my SM-G998B using Tapatalk

Wise Old Thumper InspectorMorse's Avatar

Wheek wheek

What does Evelyn think of them ?

Dignity in Dying should be a Human Right
    https://www.dignityindying.org.uk/

I used to be ‘Jack’s-Jane’ but I have been logged out of that account and I can’t get back in !

So cute

Quote Originally Posted by InspectorMorse View Post
    Wheek wheek

What does Evelyn think of them ?
    She actually squeaked at them this morning when the girl wheeked so I think she thinks she's a piggie too

Yay! Very cute. Hope all is going well.

That fleece is looking mighty clean... for now. You've probably already looked into this, but you will probably want to give the long haired one a summer hair cut soon, when the weather gets a bit warmer.
    Sarah.

RIP Dusty and Clover bunnies xxx
    Bramble, Hazel and Molly guinea pigs

Quote Originally Posted by SarahP View Post
    Yay! Very cute. Hope all is going well.

That fleece is looking mighty clean... for now. You've probably already looked into this, but you will probably want to give the long haired one a summer hair cut soon, when the weather gets a bit warmer.
    Seems to be so far!

Haha they've been on it since yesterday afternoon, there are poops about I'll probably spot clean later

It's weird to me that they don't lay together, is that normal? They aren't affectionate like buns to each other!

Yea my friend was fostering her and has sent me a 30 minute grooming video to watch so ima do that later how short would you cut it? I've only ever trimmed a hamster skirt

Quote Originally Posted by Zoobec View Post
    So cute
    I know I love the funky hair dos

Quote Originally Posted by Graciee View Post
    Seems to be so far!

Haha they've been on it since yesterday afternoon, there are poops about I'll probably spot clean later

It's weird to me that they don't lay together, is that normal? They aren't affectionate like buns to each other!

Yea my friend was fostering her and has sent me a 30 minute grooming video to watch so ima do that later how short would you cut it? I've only ever trimmed a hamster skirt

Piggies aren't really like bunnies at all when it comes to wanting to be together. They normally want their own space. Sometimes you get pigs with a really strong bond that sit together, but mostly they want to know the other is near, but not too near.

I've only had one long haired piggy, and I started giving her summer hair cuts later in her life. I wished I'd done it sooner, because it must have been a lot nicer for her in the warm weather. It's all a bit of a bodge, and wouldn't have won any hairdressing prizes, but I didn't ever cut it too short - so not so short as a short haired piggy, but just to get some of the weight out.
    Sarah.

Warren Veteran

Hair cuts: I tend to keep the fur on the rear of my long haired piggies very short - so everything between the back feet is trimmed regularly (ie trousers and bum skirt) as it does tend to get stained and greasy easily. As they are outdoors, I can't always bath them when they need it.

Quote Originally Posted by Shimmer View Post
    Hair cuts: I tend to keep the fur on the rear of my long haired piggies very short - so everything between the back feet is trimmed regularly (ie trousers and bum skirt) as it does tend to get stained and greasy easily. As they are outdoors, I can't always bath them when they need it.
    Trousers!

The ones I always find a bit odd are the short haired ones that have bit of a skirt going on that needs trimming. One of mine currently has that. Annoying...
    Sarah.