Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast

Thread: Piggies!

Herbie sprang to mind
    IF YOU NEED HELP WITH ANYTHING PLEASE SEND ME A PM OR ANY OF THE OTHER FORUM BUDDIES

Practical question, can I over do veg and pellets? The boy keep finishing the bowl of food.. And they demand veggies like 4/5 times a day. I wasn't here yesterday and they were yelling at Michael but then I got home and they started at me even tho they'd had dinner! So they had veggies 6 times yesterday I feel like I'm over feeding them, they eat hay too

Sent from my SM-G998B using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Pets mum View Post
    Herbie sprang to mind
    Awww I love that!

Quote Originally Posted by Graciee View Post
    Awh they're all so cute

Yea I didn't get Percy pig either at first! I love Bertie! That's a great name

Oh no I forgot Marcie off my list!! I thought I'd missed some one out Do you want human names? I quite like things like Scout, Scrabble, Parsnip etc for piggies but I guess need to match/wouldn't go with one human name

IF YOU NEED HELP WITH ANYTHING PLEASE SEND ME A PM OR ANY OF THE OTHER FORUM BUDDIES

Quote Originally Posted by Liz47 View Post
    Oh no I forgot Marcie off my list!! I thought I'd missed some one out Do you want human names? I quite like things like Scout, Scrabble, Parsnip etc for piggies but I guess need to match/wouldn't go with one human name
    Marcie is beautiful! That's on my name list

Yea Idk really I think human coz I'm quite attached to Maggie and Agnes now, altho I do tend to mix fruit and real names for my buns so who knows!

Quote Originally Posted by Graciee View Post
    Practical question, can I over do veg and pellets? The boy keep finishing the bowl of food.. And they demand veggies like 4/5 times a day. I wasn't here yesterday and they were yelling at Michael but then I got home and they started at me even tho they'd had dinner! So they had veggies 6 times yesterday I feel like I'm over feeding them, they eat hay too

You can over do pellets, I think the piggy forum recommend a tablespoon per pig a day? Mine get this in a morning and eat them all there and then. Veggies I'd just be worried about bladder problems if it's high calcium veggies? But if safe veg like pepper etc then I'd think ok? Mine wheek and I ignore the poor things well I stop and speak to them but say no food till tea or whatever

Quote Originally Posted by Liz47 View Post
    You can over do pellets, I think the piggy forum recommend a tablespoon per pig a day? Mine get this in a morning and eat them all there and then. Veggies I'd just be worried about bladder problems if it's high calcium veggies? But if safe veg like pepper etc then I'd think ok? Mine wheek and I ignore the poor things well I stop and speak to them but say no food till tea or whatever
    Yeaaa it way more than that

No high calcium veggies, although parsley in small amounts a few times a week. Coz I have a plant

Mine get louder and louder if I ignore... It's really difficult

Flippin' 'eck, if you feed them whenever they ask for it, you're in trouble. They will just ask 100 times a day. They get so used to a routine, and that includes associating the sounds of a human with bringing grub. I feed veg and pellets twice a day. You definitely want to give a very small amount of pellets.

If they are being loud, just put a bit of hay in front of them.
    Sarah.

RIP Dusty and Clover bunnies xxx
    Bramble, Hazel and Molly guinea pigs

Quote Originally Posted by SarahP View Post
    Flippin' 'eck, if you feed them whenever they ask for it, you're in trouble. They will just ask 100 times a day. They get so used to a routine, and that includes associating the sounds of a human with bringing grub. I feed veg and pellets twice a day. You definitely want to give a very small amount of pellets.

If they are being loud, just put a bit of hay in front of them.
    This is gunna be hard to fix I think

We talking about an egg cup a day between them?

Yes, probably about that.

They do learn a routine, so they will learn that veg and pellets come twice a day etc. But they always live in hope.
    Sarah.

RIP Dusty and Clover bunnies xxx
    Bramble, Hazel and Molly guinea pigs