Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Piggies!

I love their noises. There are some good guinea pig hair trimming vids on youtube.

I used to have to trim my boy's hair when I had piggies, I kept it shorter round the bum and then just tried my best with the rest! I'd love more one day, they are just adorable.

Re the ponging, I think I just used to use carefresh in a corner litter tray, I may have been lucky that they were quite tidy. I also think male piggies tend to smell a bit more but that may just be me!

They are a stunning pair of piggies. They are beautiful gentle little souls with great personalities and superb lawn mowers. Their vocalisation is amazing when you get tuned to it.
    IF YOU NEED HELP WITH ANYTHING PLEASE SEND ME A PM OR ANY OF THE OTHER FORUM BUDDIES

I use disposable puppy pads which I change twice a day. They are very absorbent so no smells!

Thanks everyone, we're gunna try hay out once the female stops having wet poops, she had way too much cucumber apparently the day before bonding and also at bonding, so I'm hoping that calms down, its easier to remove them fast on the fleece.

Anyone had a male and a female before?

I noticed when he rumble struts at her the smell gets worse! I'm wondering if it's a hormonal thing

They really stink

Sent from my SM-G998B using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Graciee View Post
    Also! Piggies smell! I'm gunna have to investigate the bed bedding situation for them I think, and get a better air purifier, coz they're pongy.. Like musky? I do have an extremely sensitive sense of smell though tbf to them
    Yes, it's the main reason I don't want them, also they're way too nervous for me really and indoor pets aren't my thing (and they wouldn't mange outdoor all year round here). I don't mind looking after friends' ones though, although I just offered and it hasn't happened yet so we'll see how that goes

You've got two awesome ones though, the shorthair is my favourite mammal colour combination
    The geeky one... Pronouns: she/her/any.

Often available for bunny runs: PM for details.

I've had a couple of male and female pairs including Rocco and Robyn now, Rocco does smell more 'piggy' but it's not a bad smell, I don't notice they smell more on fleece than they did other beddings but they've always got a slight smell, certainly in comparison with bunnies who don't smell at all

IF YOU NEED HELP WITH ANYTHING PLEASE SEND ME A PM OR ANY OF THE OTHER FORUM BUDDIES

I've never had any Mr Pigs!

I only really notice a horrible smell when there is blood in the pee. Pearl absolutely stank. But they are never smell-free.
    Sarah.

RIP Dusty and Clover bunnies xxx
    Bramble, Hazel and Molly guinea pigs

Yea maybe it's Mr pig! His face when I was telling him he stinks

I really can't think of names for them Idk why I struggling naming things so much!

Also got myself into a right situation with feeding, I can't open the fridge without them wheeking then how do I say no?! They aren't really having meals, more just constantly snacking

Sent from my SM-G998B using Tapatalk

Warren Veteran

There's rarely a problem getting piggies to eat - It's what they do best.