• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Rabbit access to indoors and outdoors

bundit

Warren Scout
Has anyone had a rabbit that lives outdoors, but has access to the house if they want to come inside. I was thinking of doing this, mainly so they have a cooler space if they need it during the hot summer months. They would be safe, as the access would be straight from their run into the house, I was wondering about the change in temperatures etc.

You could do this in the warmer weather without any problems. It is in the very cold months when going from a warm house to outside could upset the Rabbit's respiratory system.

You could do this in the warmer weather without any problems. It is in the very cold months when going from a warm house to outside could upset the Rabbit's respiratory system.

Would they get ill if they could go in and out as they pleased, rather than being put in/out.

I didn't realise it affected their respiratory system.

Back