Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Post-stasis feedback appreciated

Quote Originally Posted by MiniC View Post
    It's ok, I've ordered some Fibreplex from Amazon now, so I can guarantee it'll be here tomorrow now.

But I've remembered the emeprid now too, that's something out regular vet would normally have sent us away with.

I'll give her half an hour, and if she's not nibbled on any food at home or used the loo, I'll call her regular rabbit savvy vets for a second opinion. I'll hope they'll prescribe some stuff over the phone, I don't want to stress her out with a trip to see them too (it's an hour round trip).

I think you might have a problem getting the second Vets to prescribe medication to treat a condition that another Vet Practice is currently over- seeing. Not without examining her again anyway.

I used to be ‘Jack’s-Jane’ but I have been logged out of that account and I can’t get back in !

I don't have any advice that hasn't been given by the others, but I wanted to send Poppy a lot of vibes. I hope she'll feel better soon and will start pooping, and I hope you can figure something out for Friday. Hopefully she'll be better by then.
    (Pronouns: he or they)

I'm quite worried about her now, she's no different than when I took her to the vets last night, as far as I can tell. I allowed more than enough time for her to calm down from the car journey, but she's still refusing herbs, treats, I've even tried apple.

I have called our vets and said I'm after a second opinion about the medication I've been sent home with, and that I'd like to avoid bringing her down if I can because of the stress, but I've been waiting for a call back for 80 mins and they close in an hour, so we're running out of time if we need to get down there.

Her ears are cold, when I tried full body strokes she looked uncomfortable and shuffled away (walking not hopping). She slept in the litter tray for a bit but no output and I haven't seen her drink anything since she came home. She's really sick
    If you need help with anything, please feel free to send me a private message or contact any of the other forum buddies

I'd call the rabbit vet back and ask if you can bring her. It sounds like she may need some more support to recover.

Sent from my SM-A528B using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by CarelessSquid07 View Post
    I'd call the rabbit vet back and ask if you can bring her. It sounds like she may need some more support to recover.

I agree. This is what I would do, I think.
    Sarah.

RIP Dusty and Clover bunnies xxx
    Bramble, Hazel and Molly guinea pigs

Personally I would get her to the Rabbit Savvy Vet if you can. It sounds as though she needs more intensive care ie IV fluids, incubator, IV meds and a recheck of blood glucose plus possible abdominal Xray. If she has a partial blockage it needs to be kept hydrated (by fluid therapy both orally and IV) or it could move through the intestines a little but then get stuck again. The more dehydrated an impaction becomes the less likely it is to break down and pass through. I would get her onto a heat pad. If she feels very cold to touch this is indicative of shock.

I used to be ‘Jack’s-Jane’ but I have been logged out of that account and I can’t get back in !

Our vet asked us to bring her in, so she's had another injection and I have emeprid for home now, as well as some critical care food.

Poppy has some teeth spurs, they suspect it's compounding the problem, so she's to go in tomorrow to have them burred down. Hopefully that will tempt her to eat.

It's probably why her gut has slowed down, she'll be eating less hay, then not had enough to encourage undigestibles through her system.

Hope that she has some output before she undergoes a GA x

Sending lots of poop vibes for her. X

Wise Old Thumper

Sending lots of vibes for Poppy. Has she been given any pain relief?