• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Are any of these bunny safe?

Looking for fresh food for Blossom to nibble at. She is eating the odd dandelion and bramble leaf and I've scouted the garden to see what else I might have.

And I wondered if any of you lovely people might be able to identify these for me please?

One of them looks like dandelion but seems much bigger than my other ones.
8176f3c0fc0295b41275bc7e8559f2db.jpg
b8fbfbf0ccee89196a14c13d6df941c5.jpg
8bef4d350851c28275e9ca8cc2508018.jpg
5c6579fe5ebfb9e0bb029309c58bb85c.jpg
e79871d8114d0c559706d433658e9474.jpg

Sent from my SM-A528B using Tapatalk

There are loads of different types of Dandelion. Apparently more than 250 have been identified, but most look very similar.

No 1 - she can certainly have the grass. I think the plant on the left is a Willowherb, but I'm not sure so wouldn't take a chance.
No2 - plant on left is Common Mallow, which she can certainly have and is usually popular. Plant on right could be a Dandelion, but if not, it's something Daisy family like, which would be OK.
No 3 - plant on left is probably a Dandelion and would be OK. Don't feed the spiky one. Plant on right I can't see well enough, but could be a Wintergreen or a Sowthistle, so would be OK. Again don't feed the spiky ones.

There are loads of different types of Dandelion. Apparently more than 250 have been identified, but most look very similar.

No 1 - she can certainly have the grass. I think the plant on the left is a Willowherb, but I'm not sure so wouldn't take a chance.
No2 - plant on left is Common Mallow, which she can certainly have and is usually popular. Plant on right could be a Dandelion, but if not, it's something Daisy family like, which would be OK.
No 3 - plant on left is probably a Dandelion and would be OK. Don't feed the spiky one. Plant on right I can't see well enough, but could be a Wintergreen or a Sowthistle, so would be OK. Again don't feed the spiky ones.
Brilliant thank you so much Omi

Top pick - the plant with the flat leaves with needle-like spikes - towards the centre of the black pot (top right of pic) - is a teasel.
Otherwise, I agree with Omi. Dandelions and sow thistles should go down well.

She does seem to prefer non pointy things she always leaves thorns for us to step on. I've managed to find some little bramble shoots which seem to be popular as well.

She's happily trying some Mallow after her syringe feed.

She does seem to prefer non pointy things she always leaves thorns for us to step on. I've managed to find some little bramble shoots which seem to be popular as well.

She's happily trying some Mallow after her syringe feed.

Yes, Mallow is usually very popular. If the plant is not in the way, perhaps keep it alive. It will grow all through the summer.

Back