Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Raven update post 75 Dental 7-18-22

Default Raven update post 75 Dental 7-18-22

Raven was fine yesterday and at last night's cleaning he had lots of pee as usual and decent poo.
    He ate his overnight greens yet refused his greens today. He barely made pee and he made only few very tiny poos.
    In addition he hardly drank any water which is unlike him.
    Last month he had blood squirt with urine so he got abx and vet follow up with nothing found.
    There is no blood in his urine today, just very little pee. I worry this could be related, though last month he had normal poo and continued to eat.
    Vet in surgery today and not available until monday, so I advised to give supportive care and usual stasis meds. He will also get abx like last month.
    Please send vibes.
    Last edited by bunny momma; 18-07-2022 at 04:34 PM.

Oh no poor Raven, sending him a million vibes, really hope the meds will sort him out xx
    IF YOU NEED HELP WITH ANYTHING PLEASE SEND ME A PM OR ANY OF THE OTHER FORUM BUDDIES

Oh no sending loads of vibes for him x

Sent from my SM-A528B using Tapatalk

Ah poor Raven, I send so many vibrations for him xxx

Hope he feels better with the meds xxx
    The geeky one... Pronouns: she/her/any.

Often available for bunny runs: PM for details.

Sending lots of vibes xx

Thank you for the vibes RU Friends.

He made a big wee so at least his kidneys are functioning and he is able to pass urine. He passed a clump of cecals, yet not many poos, so may just need more time for the critical care to work through his system. He had very little food in his system when he got his first dose of motility meds. He is due for more soon. He ate a couple of tiny springs of carrot green, not even a full green; yet I hope it means he wants to eat.
    He gets a modest dose of medicam nightly, so I just gave him a dose of medicam a few hours early since he seemed uncomfortable.
    I am not sure if I am imagining it, yet he looks a bit tilted. He had a dose of baytril before I noticed this possible tilt.
    He will get some more motility drugs when it is time to give more critical care.
    Raven is usually so good with sub Q fluids, yet today he pulled away and I had to get a clean needle and start over.
    He took critical care well earlier today so I hope he will be good for the next batch.

Wise Old Thumper InspectorMorse's Avatar

Does your Vet not see emergency cases on the day ? Having to wait til Monday seems very unreasonable to me

I really hope Raven will start to improve soon.

Dignity in Dying should be a Human Right
    https://www.dignityindying.org.uk/

I used to be ‘Jack’s-Jane’ but I have been logged out of that account and I can’t get back in !

Glad he has had a big wee. Get well soon Raven. Xxx

Quote Originally Posted by InspectorMorse View Post
    Does your Vet not see emergency cases on the day ? Having to wait til Monday seems very unreasonable to me

I really hope Raven will start to improve soon.
    Vet was doing surgeries yesterday and he works alternating friday/saturday weeks.
    Raven still will not eat on his own, though he did eat a few leaves of carrot greens. He took critical care well this morning.
    His poo is still small and sparse so I need to syringe feed more often. I also added second motility med cisapride this morning.

Edit. Saw few horizontal eye movements when I picked him up for fluids. He also looks more tilted.
    Send more vibes.
    Last edited by bunny momma; 25-03-2022 at 05:44 PM.