• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Raven update post 75 Dental 7-18-22

That's such good news that he's eating his greens so well and is looking better! Well done, Raven. :love: Sending lots of vibes for his continued recovery.

Glad to hear that he is improving now :)
Thank you.

His tilt is reversing so that was good to see. It never got as bad as bunnies in my past, yet it had me worried while it progressed.
I am reducing number of syringe feeds, and reducing frequency of one of his motility meds, yet continuing with fluids, abx, and second motility med. I reduced pain meds to his regular daily dose of medicam and will monitor him to minimize relapses..
I hope he will eat more by weekend so I can stop syringe feeds.

Thursday he only got abx and regular pain meds. He got lots of greens which he ate reasonably quickly and he came for a treat which he nibbled a little yet did not finish.
I may give fluids or syringe feeds before going to sleep or in morning to keep everything progressing.
He is due for his dental soon too.

I stopped fluids and syringe feeds a couple days ago and motility meds yesterday. He is back to drinking a lot like he did before getting ill, and eating some pellets. He is eating less hay than I would like, yet he is making poos that are normal, just a few less than usual.

Sounds as though he is doing a lot better now. Maybe his hay eating is still not great because of his teeth. I think you mentioned that he was due a Dental x

I'm glad he's drinking lots again and eating some pellets and that he has normal poops. I hope he'll start eating more hay soon. Sending him many vibes. :love:

Thank you friends. He is eating his greens faster and overnight ate his pellet ration.
Like IM posted he likely needs his dental soon, so I need to get it on vet schedule.

Raven, his friends, and I are fortunate to have ru and all the members with kindred spirits to offer support and suggestions when illness strikes these special creatures. Hugs.

The vet was going to do Raven's dental on his lunch time tomorrow; yet the past several days Raven is eating everything, including lots of pellets, hard treat sticks, and hay. He is periscoping and begging for treats and is bright and happy. He is making lots of good poos and drinking and peeing a lot which is normal for him.
While changing ga meds helped a lot, he takes time to fully return to eating after a dental because Raven's teeth wear so much his points are next to his gums.
I just called vets and cancelled Raven's dental. I hope I did not jinx him. I know he will need a dental in the near future and vet is very busy, yet it is so nice to see Raven come to me for treats and enjoying his food.

Thanks friends,

Sometimes I wonder if he has a secret twin because he can change so quickly!
I am keeping everything crossed he does not relapse.

Back