• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

A friend for Boobly Bear

Yea he doesn't look like a rex shape wise to me but I'm no expert [emoji38] but his fur looks a little velvety [emoji7] his whiskers though look like normal bunny ones whereas rexes have none or tiny curly ones normally [emoji38] he looks absolutely gorgeous though! How is his fur to touch? Softer than Boo? Rex fur is weird, it's like really short and dense but impossibly soft and silky [emoji38][emoji38][emoji38]

Idk if like rexy coat can be on a cross maybe? His fur looks velvety though in that picture [emoji7][emoji7]

Sent from my SM-G998B using Tapatalk

It is silly soft! It doesn't look water resistant. Are velvet rabbits a breed? I'll see Google

I can only find Velveteen lops ? He is also tiny (i haven't picked him up & my scales aren't weighing right - they have him at 1.7 ) maybe he is a cross or just has some related genes. he defo has the sweet & affectionate nature

I can only find Velveteen lops ? He is also tiny (i haven't picked him up & my scales aren't weighing right - they have him at 1.7 ) maybe he is a cross or just has some related genes. he defo has the sweet & affectionate nature
Yea it's just rex or velveteen lop afaik. Idk how rex coats work, like Fleur was a mini rex for sure, but I've no idea what her parents looked like.. Idk if the parents have to be rexes, or maybe it can carry? Idk! Jane will know [emoji38]

Yea it's just rex or velveteen lop afaik. Idk how rex coats work, like Fleur was a mini rex for sure, but I've no idea what her parents looked like.. Idk if the parents have to be rexes, or maybe it can carry? Idk! Jane will know [emoji38]

:wave: JJ, please explain what Graicee is on about :lol:

Rexes basically feel like stroking velvet fabric! I think Barrie might have a bit of rex or something, he's not exactly the right soft but he's super dense (fur, not brains: he's not Lopsy :lol:). He's well-suited to the snow we're having :lol:

I'd say silky not velvety. I'll let him enjoy a few plush genes but reckons he's a mix of things, which I'm happy about. He has a beautiful body shape. Not got a good enough whiff of him yet as he just smells of hay. I did take his first bum nugget through to Bob though so we could examine & sniff it together:lol::lol:

Rexes basically feel like stroking velvet fabric! I think Barrie might have a bit of rex or something, he's not exactly the right soft but he's super dense (fur, not brains: he's not Lopsy [emoji38]). He's well-suited to the snow we're having [emoji38]
I wouldn't say velvet! Velvet has like two ways, I'd say more like high pile silky soft fleece? [emoji38][emoji38][emoji38][emoji38] Idk I can't explain, but it's the softest thing I've ever felt [emoji38]

Rexes basically feel like stroking velvet fabric! I think Barrie might have a bit of rex or something, he's not exactly the right soft but he's super dense (fur, not brains: he's not Lopsy :lol:). He's well-suited to the snow we're having :lol:

chuffed you have snow too, don't want to be suffering alone :lol: (I like snow but only Dec - Feb, spring & Summer snow is out of order IMO)

I'd say silky not velvety. I'll let him enjoy a few plush genes but reckons he's a mix of things, which I'm happy about. He has a beautiful body shape. Not got a good enough whiff of him yet as he just smells of hay. I did take his first bum nugget through to Bob though so we could examine & sniff it together[emoji38][emoji38]
Omfg [emoji38][emoji38][emoji38][emoji38][emoji38][emoji38][emoji38]

chuffed you have snow too, don't want to be suffering alone :lol: (I like snow but only Dec - Feb, spring & Summer snow is out of order IMO)
Peesh, it only ever snows end of November and March-April here :lol:

dunno really, I got 2 perfect bunnies, that's all i can think about :lol:
LMAO XD

Lovely video :D He looks like he's settled in OK, let's hope that remains when Boo shows him around, gets him into mischief etc. :D

Aww what a lovely video!

His body shape reminds me a bit of Blossom, best guess for her was Nethie/Mini Rex. She has the dense fur but not the velvet feel.

Sent from my SM-A528B using Tapatalk

Back