Page 21 of 32 FirstFirst ... 11192021222331 ... LastLast

Thread: A friend for Boobly Bear

Mama Doe Scrappy's Little Helper's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by joey&boo View Post
    Indeed! Have you tried handling Scipio yet? Eddy is insane - never had an unhandleable bun & never really understood what it meant til now He has actually approached her more gently already & given her ears a few kisses. When he lies by her side he burrows under her less & no incessant nudging tonight.
    Now that's encouraging! Hopefully he's a fast learner!

Oh yes, Scipio is the most difficult bunny I've had to handle to date. To be fair, the rescue did warn me about that! I don't pick him up unless I have to but he doesn't make it easy. He's very strong and kicks and bucks so hard it's a real challenge to keep hold of him.

I was dreading having to cut his nails and expected him to be an absolute nightmare. I knew I wouldn't be able to carry him safely to the bathroom so, after a bit of a chase, I put him in the carrier and carried him in using that.

Amazingly, my fears were unfounded. He was very well behaved for the actual claw clipping. He did escape the towel a few times to explore the bathroom but otherwise it went like a dream. He even let me sit him on my lap so I could do the back ones.

Quote Originally Posted by Scrappy's Little Helper View Post
    Now that's encouraging! Hopefully he's a fast learner!

Oh yes, Scipio is the most difficult bunny I've had to handle to date. To be fair, the rescue did warn me about that! I don't pick him up unless I have to but he doesn't make it easy. He's very strong and kicks and bucks so hard it's a real challenge to keep hold of him.

I was dreading having to cut his nails and expected him to be an absolute nightmare. I knew I wouldn't be able to carry him safely to the bathroom so, after a bit of a chase, I put him in the carrier and carried him in using that.

Amazingly, my fears were unfounded. He was very well behaved for the actual claw clipping. He did escape the towel a few times to explore the bathroom but otherwise it went like a dream. He even let me sit him on my lap so I could do the back ones.
    Gosh Scipio can be Eddy's mentor. I'm dreading vets & nails. Am determined for it to be better but not worried for now

Breaking news ...Booble has got her tongue out. I would say more reluctant than passionate but its progress. He has speeded up since I'm tired.

Mama Doe Scrappy's Little Helper's Avatar

Oh good girl Boobie! It really does give you a boost when they take small steps forward. Fudgie was very begrudging with her kisses but is much more enthusiastic now.

Actually, their bond seemed to stagnate for a while. They co-existed quite peacefully but definitely weren't loved up. Something in my gut told me that this was a slow burn and I just needed to be patient and let them get on with it. Fingers crossed Eddy and Boo progress a bit more quickly but don't get disheartened if they seem to friend zone each other for a while.

Oh good girl Boobie! It really does give you a boost when they take small steps forward. Fudgie was very begrudging with her kisses but is much more enthusiastic now.

Actually, their bond seemed to stagnate for a while. They co-existed quite peacefully but definitely weren't loved up. Something in my gut told me that this was a slow burn and I just needed to be patient and let them get on with it. Fingers crossed Eddy and Boo progress a bit more quickly but don't get disheartened if they seem to friend zone each other for a while.
    You're right, they go at their own pace & tbh I like my snoozies too much . Given its only been 5 days of average 5 hours duration they are doing better than I expected. Eddy is very keen but does get bored after 20 mins of face smooshing & finds his own fun elsewhere

It is comforting to know Eddy did not retaliate against Boo for the fur pull, and now Boo has begun to give him some kisses.
    I am happy to have my current bunnies, including my two lionheads who are lap bunnies, though
    I still miss my bridge bunny, Maddie, who was my last bunny to give me regular kisses. She learned from watching another bridge bunny, Amigo, who was a very old dwarf bunny.
    You are so lucky that Boo will kiss her humans and I hope she will teach Eddy too.
    Sending more positive vibes for their bond.

Aww Boo, good girl, think you've got yourself a little toyboy there
    IF YOU NEED HELP WITH ANYTHING PLEASE SEND ME A PM OR ANY OF THE OTHER FORUM BUDDIES

Aww sounds like it's going well!

Sent from my SM-A528B using Tapatalk

Wise Old Thumper

Good girl Boo

Friend zone is my two's permanent situation apart from the odd groom so they might be slow burn too! TBH it's Chibbs, she's an AWFUL antagonistic cow and she's never be my friend if she wasn't a rabbit!
    The geeky one... Pronouns: she/her/any.

Often available for bunny runs: PM for details.

poor Chibbs, I'm sure she is an angel really

Yesterday we had a regress to humpies only Boo didn't want humping - grunted & fled (could have span round or got bitey so not great but could have been worse). he only tried humping her on first day & she was quite happy to submit but not yesterday. She does seem a bit fickle in her participation & affections though. Yesterday he was also too fast again so maybe not such a quick learner after all. today I'm too busy for bonding - maybe squeeze in a date later.