• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

A friend for Boobly Bear

Indeed! Have you tried handling Scipio yet? Eddy is insane - never had an unhandleable bun & never really understood what it meant til now :lol: He has actually approached her more gently already & given her ears a few kisses. When he lies by her side he burrows under her less & no incessant nudging tonight.

Now that's encouraging! Hopefully he's a fast learner!

Oh yes, Scipio is the most difficult bunny I've had to handle to date. To be fair, the rescue did warn me about that! I don't pick him up unless I have to but he doesn't make it easy. He's very strong and kicks and bucks so hard it's a real challenge to keep hold of him.

I was dreading having to cut his nails and expected him to be an absolute nightmare. I knew I wouldn't be able to carry him safely to the bathroom so, after a bit of a chase, I put him in the carrier and carried him in using that.

Amazingly, my fears were unfounded. He was very well behaved for the actual claw clipping. He did escape the towel a few times to explore the bathroom but otherwise it went like a dream. He even let me sit him on my lap so I could do the back ones.

Now that's encouraging! Hopefully he's a fast learner!

Oh yes, Scipio is the most difficult bunny I've had to handle to date. To be fair, the rescue did warn me about that! I don't pick him up unless I have to but he doesn't make it easy. He's very strong and kicks and bucks so hard it's a real challenge to keep hold of him.

I was dreading having to cut his nails and expected him to be an absolute nightmare. I knew I wouldn't be able to carry him safely to the bathroom so, after a bit of a chase, I put him in the carrier and carried him in using that.

Amazingly, my fears were unfounded. He was very well behaved for the actual claw clipping. He did escape the towel a few times to explore the bathroom but otherwise it went like a dream. He even let me sit him on my lap so I could do the back ones.

Gosh Scipio can be Eddy's mentor. I'm dreading vets & nails. Am determined for it to be better but not worried for now

Breaking news ...Booble has got her tongue out. I would say more reluctant than passionate but its progress. He has speeded up since :lol: I'm tired.

Oh good girl Boobie! It really does give you a boost when they take small steps forward. Fudgie was very begrudging with her kisses but is much more enthusiastic now.

Actually, their bond seemed to stagnate for a while. They co-existed quite peacefully but definitely weren't loved up. Something in my gut told me that this was a slow burn and I just needed to be patient and let them get on with it. Fingers crossed Eddy and Boo progress a bit more quickly but don't get disheartened if they seem to friend zone each other for a while.

Oh good girl Boobie! It really does give you a boost when they take small steps forward. Fudgie was very begrudging with her kisses but is much more enthusiastic now.

Actually, their bond seemed to stagnate for a while. They co-existed quite peacefully but definitely weren't loved up. Something in my gut told me that this was a slow burn and I just needed to be patient and let them get on with it. Fingers crossed Eddy and Boo progress a bit more quickly but don't get disheartened if they seem to friend zone each other for a while.

You're right, they go at their own pace & tbh I like my snoozies too much . Given its only been 5 days of average 5 hours duration they are doing better than I expected. Eddy is very keen but does get bored after 20 mins of face smooshing & finds his own fun elsewhere

It is comforting to know Eddy did not retaliate against Boo for the fur pull, and now Boo has begun to give him some kisses.
I am happy to have my current bunnies, including my two lionheads who are lap bunnies, though
I still miss my bridge bunny, Maddie, who was my last bunny to give me regular kisses. She learned from watching another bridge bunny, Amigo, who was a very old dwarf bunny.
You are so lucky that Boo will kiss her humans and I hope she will teach Eddy too.
Sending more positive vibes for their bond.

Friend zone is my two's permanent situation apart from the odd groom so they might be slow burn too! TBH it's Chibbs, she's an AWFUL antagonistic cow and she's never be my friend if she wasn't a rabbit!

poor Chibbs, I'm sure she is an angel really

Yesterday we had a regress to humpies only Boo didn't want humping - grunted & fled (could have span round or got bitey so not great but could have been worse). he only tried humping her on first day & she was quite happy to submit but not yesterday. She does seem a bit fickle in her participation & affections though. Yesterday he was also too fast again so maybe not such a quick learner after all. today I'm too busy for bonding - maybe squeeze in a date later.

I think Boo's behaviour could be put down to not trusting him enough yet, made worse because she can't see or hear him. Froe only once attempted to hump Tui, but he did chase her a lot for about 24 hours. Her reaction was to grunt, thump and run away. Then it seemed that she started to realise that he didn't want to harm her and things got a lot calmer after that.

In short, I think Boo's reaction is completely understandable. As you say it's a positive that there is no aggression. Has Eddy made any attempt to groom Boo?

I think Boo's behaviour could be put down to not trusting him enough yet, made worse because she can't see or hear him. Froe only once attempted to hump Tui, but he did chase her a lot for about 24 hours. Her reaction was to grunt, thump and run away. Then it seemed that she started to realise that he didn't want to harm her and things got a lot calmer after that.

In short, I think Boo's reaction is completely understandable. As you say it's a positive that there is no aggression. Has Eddy made any attempt to groom Boo?

Thanks Omi. I do agree, she needs to build trust more & he needs to slow down (he has shown he can). Yes Eddy first groomed Boo on the 6th & she gets a few kisses on the face or ear most times they come together. Not the intense grooming newly bonded bunnies do, rather like a nice hello. 2 days later she returned the favour (twice). Bob's gone to aldi - wondering if he will earn brownie points by getting strawberries when they are not on the list. he likes exploring best, I think he likes Boo & us but we defo rank lower. Thats why I'm getting him used to his spaces before he uses them with Boo (not her / our bedroom)

The only reason I separated Chibbs and Barrie was because Chibbs got all aggressive, I wouldn't have otherwise: face nipping is Not On, especially as she's an eye groomer and even Barrie couldn't tell if he was getting an eye wash or a nip. Just not worth risking another bunny with fewer eyes than normal :S A certain amount of chasing (with space to leave) and no more than a few fur-only pulls were par for the course (I feel like I'm a bit hash?! :lol:). I was super proud of Barrie yesterday because he tried to hump Chibbs :lol: I was also a bit proud of Chibbs because she didn't retaliate.

Did you get strawberries?

The only reason I separated Chibbs and Barrie was because Chibbs got all aggressive, I wouldn't have otherwise: face nipping is Not On, especially as she's an eye groomer and even Barrie couldn't tell if he was getting an eye wash or a nip. Just not worth risking another bunny with fewer eyes than normal :S A certain amount of chasing (with space to leave) and no more than a few fur-only pulls were par for the course (I feel like I'm a bit hash?! :lol:). I was super proud of Barrie yesterday because he tried to hump Chibbs :lol: I was also a bit proud of Chibbs because she didn't retaliate.

Did you get strawberries?

Yes - he got everything in the shop :lol: blown our food money - 9 squid left til next available funds on 1st may . But I haven't used them yet -sacked off the bunnies & went to pub

they were such good bunnies last night, lots of loves, cuddles & groomies. It was lovely. Thank you strawberries

https://imgur.com/6HmpMr5

LVWLD4Bl.jpg

Ss2xChzl.jpg

Excuse Eddy's territorial poops - Boo quite likes them:lol:

Back