• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

A friend for Boobly Bear

joey&boo

Wise Old Thumper
we have a new beau on order for Boobly Bear. A very handsome boy of 2+ years
Collecting from fosterer on Tuesday evening. I'll maybe reveal who he is then, but in the meantime I thought some might like to know that *hopefully* Boo's loneliness has an end date.

She actually seemed to cope fine the first 2 months but is looking increasingly lost. When I got home yesterday she was on the bed grooming my pillow :( made it sopping wet. I think she is ready & I really hope he smells nice & gives off good vibes

Aw, that's such lovely news. I hope she'll like him and that they'll become good friends. Sounds as if she'd like a bunny to groom rather than a pillow, yes, aw... :( I'm looking forward to 'meeting' him when you're ready to reveal him. It's wonderful, too, that the new bunny will have such a good home with Boo and you and Bob.

Aw, that's such lovely news. I hope she'll like him and that they'll become good friends. Sounds as if she'd like a bunny to groom rather than a pillow, yes, aw... :( I'm looking forward to 'meeting' him when you're ready to reveal him. It's wonderful, too, that the new bunny will have such a good home with Boo and you and Bob.

Very kind of you to say, thank you. I'm imagining that an active youngster will have to have some of his adventures alone, but the most important thing (I reckon) is having the security of the same species & a bunny to snuggle with. hopefully he will take Boo on some of his adventures too:love: No idea how I'm going to manage things like allowing him stair access but denying it to boo (for H&S reasons) but we'll adapt as we go

Last edited:
Aw fabulous, best of luck :D I thought of you today when Rupert popped up on Burrowed Hearts FB page (also on their website), so I'm glad you've found the right bun (better be the right bun!).

Well, if looks are anything to go by, he looks perfect :love: Here's hoping that Boo finds him irresistible.

Aww that sounds wonderful for them both!

It's awful when they get to the lonely stage and they just seem so listless.

Sent from my SM-A528B using Tapatalk

[/B]

Very kind of you to say, thank you. I'm imagining that an active youngster will have to have some of his adventures alone, but the most important thing (I reckon) is having the security of the same species & a bunny to snuggle with. hopefully he will take Boo on some of his adventures too:love: No idea how I'm going to manage things like allowing him stair access but denying it to boo (for H&S reasons) but we'll adapt as we go
I agree that the most important thing is that she'll have another bunny around, even if she'll spend most of her time napping rather than going on adventures with him. Hopefully she'll want to join him sometimes, too, though, yes. :love:

thank you kindly everyone :love: He'll have to have a settling in period as I'm working lots that week. Did manage to get a shift swap so I'm off Thursday after he arrives at least. My supervisor said so Why do you need to change days? I said I don't NEED to change days, I want some days to watch my new bunny :lol: Must sound totally ridiculous coming from a 51 year old :lol:

thank you kindly everyone :love: He'll have to have a settling in period as I'm working lots that week. Did manage to get a shift swap so I'm off Thursday after he arrives at least. My supervisor said so Why do you need to change days? I said I don't NEED to change days, I want some days to watch my new bunny :lol: Must sound totally ridiculous coming from a 51 year old :lol:

Totally ridiculous? Totally ridiculous? No! Perfectly normal, surely. :love::lol:

Firstly, it’s NOT ridiculous to want time off to spend with your new bunny. It is as important as any new family member.
Secondly, I am so thrilled and pleased that you are taking this brave and rewarding step. You are putting your own emotions firmly to the back of your mind for the benefit of Boo which is a totally amazing and courageous step to take. You have been through such a journey recently coping with the loss of arguably the 2 biggest characters on the forum and moving on from that would always be hard. I have the utmost respect and admiration for you in finding the strength that you have, and for being so tuned into Boos emotional needs. This is never an easy journey - we all have different ways and timeframes to take the same path, but you are an amazing advocate of your rabbits and the care and love you give us without comparison.
I know Boos new companion is going to have the most amazing life - the best life and the life he truly deserves.
I look forward to seeing the photos and I hope he settles in quickly.
Boo deserves the special life she has with you and she is going to have an amazing new companion. :love:

Oh this is bunderful news J & B, Boo is such a lucky girl to have you and Bob putting her needs first, I'm excited for her :D

Oh J&B I am looking forward to you introducing Boo's new friend to us. I hope the new Bunny settles in quickly

Sent from my Pixel 4a (5G) using Tapatalk

Goodbye wet pillow, hello soggy companion.
I am sure Boo will make sure he smells like home.
How exciting for all.
He has some big shoes to fill!

he does have some big shoes to fill :love:

Everyone's encouragement & well wishes is very much appreciated, thank you:love:

Back