• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

A friend for Boobly Bear

thanks Craig, I get the feeling Eddy thinks he is king of the world:lol: but he really doesnt like stuff being moved

Managed to transfer this little video of boobly with her tongue out of my phone - lighting is better

https://imgur.com/lJhlv1X

To be fair, Alfred is very much like Eddy. He’s just over a year old and has very fixed routines. He has to check the living room door each time, biting the bottom of it, then has to go through the kitchen door. He gets narky if he can’t do that. He loves attention from Flo but doesn’t easily reciprocate. I think it’s just an adjustment they have to make. Humans do the same thing - we all must go through 6 identified stages on our life’s journey and if we miss any of those out then we develop flaws. Eddy will get there - he’s just working it out. :love:

What lovely kisses Boo is giving Eddy
She is a good girl so it is nice he is a good boy Even if they have different activity levels.

So last night we removed the chair legs & coffee table, floor covered in rabbit bedding. Eddy had huge strop (he really like it under the chairs, he is a massive diva). Bonding got a bit lively for my liking & he was chasing her for humps & she looked grumpy so I stopped him. Without me in the way it was nice to see how he'd explore lots but check in with Boo via a v gentle nose bump every 10 mins or so. He was really fast too.

Today he took some cajoling (nuggets) to finally leave the spare room by which time Boo was bored of looking for him & also just wanted to sleep. So interactions were a bit grumpy again. When Boo is about to flop she digs for 3 seconds then hurls herself over. Just now she was at 1.5 seconds of digging which was enough time for Eddy to hear, rush over, dive under her & left her even grumpier looking.

So are you sitting with the seats of the chairs on the floor?

I hope that things are progressing well.

So are you sitting with the seats of the chairs on the floor?

I hope that things are progressing well.

I tend to sit on the sofa or floor but if I chose a chair, yes :lol: it looks rather odd but very functional for bonding.

Boobly & Eddy had a little spat last night - nothing serious but he was being too demanding asking for groomies again.

He has been chewing a rabbit hole through the door to the spare room - he really likes it in there but banned atm as won't come back out. He's a very peculiar rabbit. Its like he is on standby when its afternoon snoozy time. He doesn't get up to eat forage, hay or use the loo. About 6 hours later he is fully charged, practically wakes up with a vertical binky & then goes nuts (til next days snoozy time :lol:)

I tend to sit on the sofa or floor but if I chose a chair, yes :lol: it looks rather odd but very functional for bonding.

Boobly & Eddy had a little spat last night - nothing serious but he was being too demanding asking for groomies again.

He has been chewing a rabbit hole through the door to the spare room - he really likes it in there but banned atm as won't come back out. He's a very peculiar rabbit. Its like he is on standby when its afternoon snoozy time. He doesn't get up to eat forage, hay or use the loo. About 6 hours later he is fully charged, practically wakes up with a vertical binky & then goes nuts (til next days snoozy time :lol:)

haha, good boy Eddy :)

territorial poop & pee city (only Eddy, Boo uses the tray) - he is having to drink a lot to keep up with the pee manufacture.

bFmQ2Gyl.jpg

i'm bored ...but also finally getting braver. boo often has a mooch around the room now & he hangs back to let her most of the time. its now been 2 weeks :shock:

How is it going :love:

Off work this weekend so decided we'd try a continuous thing but only made it to 3am last night. Eddy is the most hyperactive & chasey he has been with Boo throughout - its like he knew. Just really want them to get together full time. Hopefully they'll place nicely today.

they are not doing too bad today. Although he runs towards Boo & appears a little bitey he has never pulled her fur or actually bitten so its prob just normal chase, fur pull antics but a watered down special needs version. He will binky over her while doing it which sounds like play? I am so brave now (all things being relative:lol:) i only intercept if Boo gets growly or goes in her grumpy corner. Sometimes she seems to engage (in a blind & deaf bunny way) with the running around. I dunno. I leave them to make drinks, get washing in etc - as long as its good vibes. Why can't they have been love at first sight bunnies

I hope Eddy is not doing too much chasing today.
That is a lot of pee for a bunny his size!
Boo and Eddy look so cute together so we have everything crossed things go well this weekend.

Gosh this is giving me flashbacks to Fudgie and Scipio's bonding! If their bond is anything to go by, then the chasing and general rumbunctiousness does calm down eventually.

Poor Boo and Fudgie. I'm starting to think having a toyboy isn't all it's cracked up to be!

Gosh this is giving me flashbacks to Fudgie and Scipio's bonding! If their bond is anything to go by, then the chasing and general rumbunctiousness does calm down eventually.

Poor Boo and Fudgie. I'm starting to think having a toyboy isn't all it's cracked up to be!

yeah I think it has its downside:lol: i've never heard Boo vocalise like this during bonding.

Did you have territorial poops & pees scrappy? its putting me off introducing him to our bedroom

Back