• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

A friend for Boobly Bear

Disappointing start. Eddy had a little chase which i cut short fairly soon. They had some forage breakfast together but then he got his investigator head on & non stop scratting at (seemingly) nothing. I was irritated & I don't know if Boo sensed this or something else set her off but she growled. I am paranoid about bad vibes in bonding - I sensed bad vibes during quad bonding & as I was removing the girls to a place of safety the boys fought (Bob was right next to them). I guess I'll try again - its his snoozy time approaching (he starts & finishes later than my previous buns - he doesn't get up before 6pm unless theres food. He'll always get up for food :lol:

I am observing closely as I need to learn how to bond. My bonder cancelled three bonds (booked back to back) in autumn and hasn't been back in touch since - not even to provide an update. I'm underwhelmed by this lack up contact.

So, I have come round to the thinking that I really should be doing my own bonding anyway. so I am on "watch and learn." The c7 year old Thrianta I told you about is first in line as I had an unexpected bereavement in the last couple of weeks of 7 year old Olly :cry:... leaving his 6 year old widow as an ideal (hopefully) companion for Percy.

I don't know if I am reassured by your caution of even more scared of my inexperience. ... I've got to do it though, right?

I am observing closely as I need to learn how to bond. My bonder cancelled three bonds (booked back to back) in autumn and hasn't been back in touch since - not even to provide an update. I'm underwhelmed by this lack up contact.

So, I have come round to the thinking that I really should be doing my own bonding anyway. so I am on "watch and learn." The c7 year old Thrianta I told you about is first in line as I had an unexpected bereavement in the last couple of weeks of 7 year old Olly :cry:... leaving his 6 year old widow as an ideal (hopefully) companion for Percy.

I don't know if I am reassured by your caution of even more scared of my inexperience. ... I've got to do it though, right?

ha ha -I am not one to observe bonds for tips or learning but yes, defo try your own bonding. have you never tried before? I'm really sorry to hear about Olly passing :(

ha ha -I am not one to observe bonds for tips or learning but yes, defo try your own bonding. have you never tried before? I'm really sorry to hear about Olly passing :(

I tried Artie and Esme in around 2009. It instantly became growling, circling/chasing and scrapping. It was so fast I don't even know why/who. Given that Artie was my soulmate, I think the fear of injury was too big an obstacle for me.

I did a few years later rebond Binky and Shadow. The about 2 years later tried Eloise with ? Binky but chickened out early on.

Disappointing start. Eddy had a little chase which i cut short fairly soon. They had some forage breakfast together but then he got his investigator head on & non stop scratting at (seemingly) nothing. I was irritated & I don't know if Boo sensed this or something else set her off but she growled. I am paranoid about bad vibes in bonding - I sensed bad vibes during quad bonding & as I was removing the girls to a place of safety the boys fought (Bob was right next to them). I guess I'll try again - its his snoozy time approaching (he starts & finishes later than my previous buns - he doesn't get up before 6pm unless theres food. He'll always get up for food :lol:

Fingers crossed you have a better session later.

I’m so sorry you lost Olly. I’m sure you could bond, no problems. If I can do it, anyone can.

I always feel so apprehensive with bonding and not looking forward to rebonding ours.

It must be hard as you have to be Boo's advocate as well as keep an eye on both of them.

Fingers crossed the next session goes well x

Sent from my SM-A528B using Tapatalk

No I'm not a fan of bonding but I needs must if I don't want lonely bunnies forever. this afternoon Boo stood over him in I'm gonna give you the grooming of your life pose for ages, then loafed :roll: He is quite happy to lie by Boo for a very short while but then he'll decide the radiator needs investigating or discover something he considers edible. He has a 5 second attention span. It may have to be a series of dates while they get used to each other & Eddy gets used to his surroundings.

Throughout Boo seeks me out a lot & will snooze only when I'm near, she seems to need lots of reassuring strokes, him too. No idea if this is an effective approach or not but I think its curbing her defensiveness

No I'm not a fan of bonding but I needs must if I don't want lonely bunnies forever. this afternoon Boo stood over him in I'm gonna give you the grooming of your life pose for ages, then loafed :roll: He is quite happy to lie by Boo for a very short while but then he'll decide the radiator needs investigating or discover something he considers edible. He has a 5 second attention span. It may have to be a series of dates while they get used to each other & Eddy gets used to his surroundings.

Throughout Boo seeks me out a lot & will snooze only when I'm near, she seems to need lots of reassuring strokes, him too. No idea if this is an effective approach or not but I think its curbing her defensiveness

Froe was a bit like this, in that he would find things other than Tui, to be interested in. She just remained super wary whilst he did this. I don't think it's a problem really and is probably just because all his surroundings are completely new. I think actually the more he does this, Boo will come to realise that he is no threat to her.

Froe was a bit like this, in that he would find things other than Tui, to be interested in. She just remained super wary whilst he did this. I don't think it's a problem really and is probably just because all his surroundings are completely new. I think actually the more he does this, Boo will come to realise that he is no threat to her.

thanks Omi. Useful you've had the same going on. I can't cope with old age bonding (mine) - I find non stop watching them exhausting. I'm off at the weekend so have insufficient time now but can maybe do more continuous bonding then. In the meantime they can try a few hours each day together

Being young he'll sleep less and explore more IME, the same things over and over and over again. I've not had a bun who wouldn't get up to investigate food: Chibbs will go back to sleep if it's not interesting and Lopsy sometimes, well, I'm fairly certain he didn't actually wake up :lol

If I can do it, anyone can.
Totally agree :)

Sorry to hear about Olly, Bunny Buddy :(

Eddy :D Sounds like it's going well but if you're like me you'll be impatient for it to all be sunshine and (nommed) roses :lol:

Dusty is very pretty with a lovely glossy coat ! I guess if you're only "allowed" to stroke one of your bunnies at least its the silky soft one

Really really good point. I would love to stroke Snowflake as he is my favourite (dont tell the others) but he gently hops away as soon as I get close. He is 9 so its not like he doesnt know me yet! His brother Frosty (outside rabbit with Daisy) will allow the odd stroke eg to get hay off his back but nothing like Dusty who actually seems to enjoy strokies xxxxxxxx

Loganberry and Moondust are just rabbity rabbits who stick together and are uber wary of human interaction. They earn their keep by being extremely cute.

Last edited:
Eddy is beautiful and hope all goes well with the bonding.

Thanks C&D. I hope your ok.

Boobles was in quite a relaxed mood last night. They are sharing space ok . He still continues to force his whole body under her & asking for groomies. She ain't getting her tongue out. So far he has just burrowed in to her bum fur & nibbled (no fur pulls) but no face kisses. He doesn't try to hump her anymore (that actually was fairly minor) but the room is awash with his territorial wees & poops - from one extreme to the other :lol:

I'm still nervous though - she has the capacity to be reactive so I think we need to build on her feeling more trust.
supper last night

4vykzSAl.jpg

Boo using her snuggle bed properly

sD84sU4l.jpg

then improvising as somebun peed & pooped on it

pheJPe0l.jpg

AkA2zC9l.jpg

How rude to pee on the snuggle bed!

Sounds like it's going slow and steady, hopefully he'll start chilling out about the groomies and Boo can relax a little as she's gets used to his smells and noises.

I still remember having to do poo patrol where Rodney just dropped them wherever he went and he'd follow along behind me doing more [emoji1787]

Sent from my SM-A528B using Tapatalk

I hope that this continues to go well. We experienced both the territorial markings (although no wee) and the several days before groomies.

Bonding is my very least favourite Rabbit Care thing. How anyone is brave enough to bond Rabbits belonging to someone else I don’t know !!

Back