• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

A friend for Boobly Bear

yeah I think it has its downside:lol: i've never heard Boo vocalise like this during bonding.

Did you have territorial poops & pees scrappy? its putting me off introducing him to our bedroom

Actually there wasn't really an issue with territorial poops and wees. I introduced the litter tray after about 4 days, I think, and they were both pretty good about using it straightaway.

The only territorial pooing and weeing happened on the first couple of days or so when Scipio arrived and he was on his own in the bedroom while he settled in.

Have you introduced a litter tray for Boo and Eddy? I was a bit nervous about adding one in as Scipio was still being a really chasey git and I was worried he was going to bully Fudgie out of it. Turned out not to be an issue and they both used it together quite happily. I actually think that's were they started to properly bond as for a good while it was the only place Fudgie seemed to properly relax around him.

Sorry, that turned into a bit of an essay!

yeah I think it has its downside:lol: i've never heard Boo vocalise like this during bonding.

Did you have territorial poops & pees scrappy? its putting me off introducing him to our bedroom

I think it's likely that the territorial poops and pees will cease once they are together. You'd probably get them again when you introduce to a new area, like your bedroom.

Froe made lots of territorial poops when they were side by side and again for a couple of days after they were together, but then they lessened and we get only a stray one now (from either bunny).

ha ha - yeah there is gonna be more poop & pee isn't there? was watching them through one half closed eye - or so I thought about 2am last night when bob woke me to say they were in the hall :lol: I remember so wishing i'd tested them in bedroom when i'd been alert so gonna do that soon. Just doing jobs & letting Bob have lie in first. he's gonna really love it in that room but will Boo be happy to share? i will report back

They have 2 litter trays - Boo is good & uses hers with just the odd stray poop. He is exceptionally clean when not bonding but my word! try to only clean up daily in case he is leaving her messages but it looks like a weeks worth

ha ha - yeah there is gonna be more poop & pee isn't there? was watching them through one half closed eye - or so I thought about 2am last night when bob woke me to say they were in the hall :lol: I remember so wishing i'd tested them in bedroom when i'd been alert so gonna do that soon. Just doing jobs & letting Bob have lie in first. he's gonna really love it in that room but will Boo be happy to share? i will report back

They have 2 litter trays - Boo is good & uses hers with just the odd stray poop. He is exceptionally clean when not bonding but my word! try to only clean up daily in case he is leaving her messages but it looks like a weeks worth

I'm afraid we constantly cleared them up and put them in the litter tray. It's a tough call to know what to do, but I didn't want him to consider that it was acceptable behaviour and so reinforced the message that poop and pee go in the litter tray :lol:

Good luck for today :)

We've had a really good time bedroom bonding! I finally feel like we've got to that happy place :love: Also for some reason Eddy has been using the tray in the bedroom for all wees & nearly all poops:love:

I woke in the night twice to circuits & binkies (Eddy's) then after first light they both got really active. At first I thought Eddy was making Boo do circuits of the room but no, she was the front runner but Eddy entertains himself by either running circles or figures of 8 round her. One time she was running & he was behind her but did a vertical binky every few hops. it was bloody hilarious. They are cuddling better & Boobly looks all relaxed.

They shall stay in the bedroom to cement their love for a few days.

Why can't they have been love at first sight bunnies
All I can say is Lopsy being a total walkover had its upsides!

Shouting at the rowdy young man :lol:

Vertical binkies are the best :D Chibbs does them when Matt tries to get them in off the lawn at the weekend :lol: Aboleth and Lopsy would regularly binky into/onto each other doing this :lol: Usually Lopsy's fault :lol:

Some photos. These are from the lounge the other night

bZh4wSIl.jpg

jRHCcO0l.jpg

& from yesterday in the bedroom (no more lonely nights for Eddy)

Uh5l1oul.jpg

i dunno how but even with Boo being blind they do that synchronised washing things bunnies do

1OCYXQnl.jpg

currently settled down for afternoon snoozies

JIR8U6Tl.jpg

oh & there is an errant pee! cleverly disguised on the yellow blankey

Aww this is just lovely to read , the thought of Eddy binkying behind Boo :lol: bunny love is the best :love:

Excellent :D It sounds like you've cracked it. Well done little bunnies and enjoy each other :love:

Well done J&B, Boo and Eddy, it sounds like your way of bonding has worked a treat
Richard

Sent from my Pixel 4a (5G) using Tapatalk

Thanks so much everyone :love: I think there is still some learning & adapting to be done. i hope I've not jinxed things but its nice they can be together 24/7 - all paws crossed

Back