• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Blossom not Herself

I would have thought that the Vet checked her teeth yesterday. Although it is not always possible to see problems at the very back of the mouth whilst Bunny is awake.

He definitely did, as I held her for him as she was not impressed!

He was very thorough ears, eyes, lady bits, teeth,temp, hocks, movement, dewlap and stomach/lungs/heart all checked.

But she chewed the scope constantly [emoji19]

She's hungry, she keeps checking my hands when I go in to her but hasn't fancied anything I've offered.

Sent from my SM-A528B using Tapatalk

He definitely did, as I held her for him as she was not impressed!

He was very thorough ears, eyes, lady bits, teeth,temp, hocks, movement, dewlap and stomach/lungs/heart all checked.

But she chewed the scope constantly [emoji19]

She's hungry, she keeps checking my hands when I go in to her but hasn't fancied anything I've offered.

Could be that she does have some issues with her teeth that the Vet could not see. Is she still passing some poo ?

Could be that she does have some issues with her teeth that the Vet could not see. Is she still passing some poo ?
Yes teeny hard one every so often, she keeps pooing on hubby after we have to chase her a bit to capture her. It seems like the movement is triggering it.

She's just had her meds and a feed we've managed almost 20ml over two this morning. She's looking very stressed now unfortunately quite heavy breathing but I'm hoping the feet out mean she is slowly calming down.

I'm in the middle of a work meeting but after I think I'll call the vets with an update and see what they'd like us to do. She's had three doses of metacam and two of ranitidine and normally with other buns I'd have seen an improvement by now but I just don't know her illness ways that well.

She's a bit hidden.
2425ea26b052d1e60e8a591664923118.jpg

Sending lots of vibes for her.
Walli sometimes twitch a lot and tilt the head to the side a bit when he is sleeping and I assume dreaming. It looks a bit like it does in your video. Does she has a head tilt when she is moving as well?
A trip back to the vets sounds good, hope it all goes well.

Her movements are off as well. They can see us at 2.30 thankfully.

She's cold again too [emoji53]

Looks like some nystagmus going on, can’t be certain from a video though. What pain meds is she on ?

Sending vibes, hope the Vet can help

She's just on metacam which she's had before.

She's listing to the left while moving. We're just being assessed by the nurse now.

Vet thinks EC so pancur is being added in to her plan.

He said he has a list for things we need to do at home and also separate the buns.

Poor girlie :( I really hope that the meds help and she improves soon. Hugs for you too.

She's staying at the vets without Rodney. He's coming home with his own pancur.

I use clean n safe for cleaning but vet has recommended something else to do everything with.

I'll have to re set up the bonding zone I think. Is there anything you guys would recommend to help keep them clean?

Oh, poor Blossom. :( I hope the Panacur will do its job so Blossom will feel better and they can be reunited. Sending her so, so many vibes. How is Rodney doing? Since he had smaller poops yesterday?

Back