• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Blossom not Herself

Her tilt is still worse but we managed meds and feeds without a roll or the head tilt getting worse!

It's seems the key is to have her between hubby's knees and giving her a massage break every few mls.

Fingers crossed the new meds help her start munching a bit more, I've been out for some different hays to tempt her with.

Sent from my SM-A528B using Tapatalk

I would let her eat whatever food she fancies at this stage. As I mentioned before, with EC sometimes symptoms can suddenly get much worse, then after a few days improve again. It really is a rollercoaster ride, literally. So try not to get disheartened if she has some really bad days.

I would let her eat whatever food she fancies at this stage. As I mentioned before, with EC sometimes symptoms can suddenly get much worse, then after a few days improve again. It really is a rollercoaster ride, literally. So try not to get disheartened if she has some really bad days.
Thank you, I'm offering fresh food evry few hours through the day and it all disappears. I'm tempted to do the same at night but between me and hubby it's only about 5 hours without and she has a syringe feed each night.

She seemed very curious today about us cleaning her cage which is very normal for her, kept checking on us and inspecting which is great so I think today is a good day.

Thank you, I'm offering fresh food evry few hours through the day and it all disappears. I'm tempted to do the same at night but between me and hubby it's only about 5 hours without and she has a syringe feed each night.

She seemed very curious today about us cleaning her cage which is very normal for her, kept checking on us and inspecting which is great so I think today is a good day.

Great that she is relatively bright today :D

He's good, he's been doing really well now that we've swapped them so she's in the cage and he's got all the freedom.

It made sense as she's just not up to moving around as much.

He's good, he's been doing really well now that we've swapped them so she's in the cage and he's got all the freedom.

It made sense as she's just not up to moving around as much.

Head tilt Bunnies are much happier in a smaller space when they first become unwell :)

Blossom's EC test came back positive today, a very high antibody reading.

The dizziness meds seem to work for a few hours and she's more active for a bit after. She's also started nibbling at toys and apple sticks although still no hay.

She's coming off ranitidine today to review how things go, and then metacam in a few more days, but she may need both still we shall have to see how things go.

She's being booked for a repeat blood test on the day after we finish pancur and a full health check where they can assess any physio needs for her.

Blossom's EC test came back positive today, a very high antibody reading.

The dizziness meds seem to work for a few hours and she's more active for a bit after. She's also started nibbling at toys and apple sticks although still no hay.

She's coming off ranitidine today to review how things go, and then metacam in a few more days, but she may need both still we shall have to see how things go.

She's being booked for a repeat blood test on the day after we finish pancur and a full health check where they can assess any physio needs for her.

At least you know for certain what you are dealing with now. It sounds as though Blossom is doing reasonably well :)

Here's Blossom this morning.

We're doing fairly well now, just need to get some hay munching going.

And fingers crossed she keeps pooing without the ranitidine.
26ca2b71411ed20cf7a8845bf6a504b6.jpg

Good girl Blossom :love: Will she eat fresh grass ? You could offer her a small amount of that. Try to get the less lush looking fresh grass as the latter will be very rich at this time of year and could upset her tum if she is not used to eating fresh grass. Readigrass is another option.

She is eating some grass, they usually get a handful every few days so I've upped that a bit.

I'd forgotten about readigrass though that's a great idea thanks!

Aww, hi Blossom. :love: She has a nice place there, with everything she needs within reach. I'm really glad to hear that you're all doing fairly well now. I hope she'll start eating some hay soon, and that she'll do well without the ranitidine. Sending her lots of vibes. :love:

Back