Page 13 of 21 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: Blossom not Herself

Quote Originally Posted by bunny momma View Post
    Like Jane said, some tilt can remain. When she is no longer dizzy she may benefit from some gentle PT to keep her flexible.
    My tilt bunnies would be worse after they were handled or after they were trying to move around . This is typical.
    Have her eye movements-nystagmus-gone away or do they return at times? One of my bunnies would track my movements with his entire head as he improved.

Sending more vibes.
    Her nystagmus is very occasional mostly when handled. She's popped out and sat near a very indignant Rodney on each side of the cage.

Rodney bless him is most upset that he has to have medicine also, and he despises carrot flavour.

Is pancur pscription only? It cost an arm and a leg at the vets and I'm thinking we should have some on hand in the future.

Sent from my SM-A528B using Tapatalk

Wise Old Thumper InspectorMorse's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by CarelessSquid07 View Post
    Her nystagmus is very occasional mostly when handled. She's popped out and sat near a very indignant Rodney on each side of the cage.

Rodney bless him is most upset that he has to have medicine also, and he despises carrot flavour.

Is pancur pscription only? It cost an arm and a leg at the vets and I'm thinking we should have some on hand in the future.

You can buy Panacur without a prescription. I use the 10% Liquid, exactly the same active ingredient ( Fenbendazole), A LOT more economical and much easier to give a weight specific dose which for the 10% Liquid is 0.2ml/kg/day. The liquid is tasteless ( yes, I have….) and far easier to syringe into a Bunny than the paste.

https://www.animeddirect.co.uk/panac...spension-100ml

Buying Panacur Paste from a Vet will be silly amounts of £££££

Dignity in Dying should be a Human Right
    https://www.dignityindying.org.uk/

I used to be ‘Jack’s-Jane’ but I have been logged out of that account and I can’t get back in !

Quote Originally Posted by InspectorMorse View Post
    You can buy Panacur without a prescription. I use the 10% Liquid, exactly the same active ingredient ( Fenbendazole), A LOT more economical and much easier to give a weight specific dose which for the 10% Liquid is 0.2ml/kg/day. The liquid is tasteless ( yes, I have….) and far easier to syringe into a Bunny than the paste.

https://www.animeddirect.co.uk/panac...spension-100ml

Buying Panacur Paste from a Vet will be silly amounts of £££££
    Awesome thank you! Rodney will much prefer that bless him.

I remember we gave pancur to our first rabbits when they came home on the recommendation of the vet and they liked it so much they just licked it off the end of the tube!

And my bank balance may be saved, we're still not 100% Blossom's insurance is going to cover this as her first symptom was stasis and they've put an exclusion on her for that because she had an episode in rescue despite me trying to explain it would have been due to stress of being captured off the streets.

Aw, poor Rodney, not liking the Panacur. I'm sorry Blossom's head tilt was so bad this morning, too. I'm glad she's still enjoying her food, at least. Sending her lots more vibes.
    (Pronouns: he or they)

Here she is waiting not very patiently for her nuggets!

She's come the door a few more times today so moving a bit more which might explain the increased tilt as well.

Oh bless her, waiting patiently for her nuggets. I really hope that the meds help to make a full recovery. You are doing a great job looking after her xx
    IF YOU NEED HELP WITH ANYTHING PLEASE SEND ME A PM OR ANY OF THE OTHER FORUM BUDDIES

We had rolling and falling this evening despite covering her eyes for picking up. Hubby especially was very distressed by it as he's the one trying to hold her and she was almost turning circles in his arms.

We popped her on a table which helped a little but she was at almost 90 degrees.

I think we're going to have to try floor feeding for her to see if that helps. Hubby us going to roll a towel around her.

She does seem to enjoy him massaging her neck while he has her so he's going to try and do that while we feed her.

Wise Old Thumper

Yes, I think that floor feeding is likely to help and just moving her as little as possible really. I think it's really positive that she seems to be happier to move around a little herself now though. She seems to be slowly getting more used to the sensations she's feeling.

Is she eating better herself now? Sending her lots more vibes.

Quote Originally Posted by Omi View Post
    Yes, I think that floor feeding is likely to help and just moving her as little as possible really. I think it's really positive that she seems to be happier to move around a little herself now though. She seems to be slowly getting more used to the sensations she's feeling.

Is she eating better herself now? Sending her lots more vibes.
    A little bit, we've seen her pick up a few bits of hay here and there. And she's currently eating an apple stick.

And she now knows the noise of me coming in from the garden and waits at her door for fresh forage each time.

I fear I may need to find a new source of plants soon!

Her poos are improving in size although still not as many as I'd like.

I've seen pictures of bad head tilt buns before I suppose it just didn't prepare us for seeing her like that as it had been mild.

It can be distressing to see a rolling circling head tilt bunny, so seeing her waiting for greens/forage/nuggets can be a comfort.
    I wish I had before and after videos of a couple of my head tilt bunnies to share because you would not believe the improvement.
    My problem was determining how much improvement the bunny had from day to day. A short video taken every few days may allow you to see the progress,.
    Sending more vibes for Blossom , Rodney, you and your oh.