Page 9 of 14 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Vibes for Casper? And Sophie, too?

oh, poor Sophie & Casper.
    Sending all my best wishes to them both & you too for a speedy recovery xxx
    (\__/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(")

if you're reading this it's too late.

Thank you so much again, everyone. I'm really grateful for all the support.

They're not gassy, bunny momma. At least when the vet examined them they weren't, thankfully. And they do have plenty of output, IM. There are a lot of poops, but they're all small. And thank you for the advice on how to make pellet mush without having to grind the pellets first, Zoobec. That's really helpful.

I think the pellets might be fine after all, because they both ate some last night. It's like they're one bunny. They both eat and leave the same greens, too. Sophie jumped on the sofa last night to ask for some food.

They're still the same today. There isn't really any progress when it comes to how much they eat, sadly.

My mum dropped their poops off at the vets today so they could be examined (they just called and they didn't find anything), and to get some more syringe food, and they gave us some antibiotic nose drops for Sophie's sneezing. I'm supposed to put 2-4 drops in each nostril, 6 times a day? How am I going to do that? Won't it be distressing for her to have something put in her nose, since it's their only way of breathing? I'm guessing they gave the nose drops instead of regular antibiotics so they don't upset her guts further... They did say that it's only needed if the sneezing is really bothering her, so I might see how she does without it for a few days. She's already on so many meds...
    (Pronouns: he or they)

Gosh, you have so much on caring for your elderly bunnies. You're doing a fantastic job but I do wish it was easier for you. sending bigger poop vibes (I had this issue with Mouse for a good 2 years, great number, size way too small). Are they seeming happy? Great to hear Sophie is up to her old tricks of wanting breakfast on the sofa again

Quote Originally Posted by joey&boo View Post
    Gosh, you have so much on caring for your elderly bunnies. You're doing a fantastic job but I do wish it was easier for you. sending bigger poop vibes (I had this issue with Mouse for a good 2 years, great number, size way too small). Are they seeming happy? Great to hear Sophie is up to her old tricks of wanting breakfast on the sofa again
    Thank you, j&b. Sophie does seem happy, but Casper is a bit withdrawn. He's not a active as usual, and just kind of sits there a lot of the day. Bigger poops would definitely be good! I just saw that Sophie needs a bum bath as she has a lot of poop stuck to her. I've been seeing her struggling a bit more with staying upright while cleaning herself, so I think her arthritis might be playing up, too. She hasn't wanted her Joint tablets all week, but that might be a coincidence...

The vet who saw Casper on Thursday called just now to ask how he's doing. Isn't that so nice? I told him he's exactly the same as last week, and that Sophie is sick, too, now, and we talked for a while and he said he'll discuss it with the other vets, to see if there's anything else we could do, and that he'll call me back tomorrow.

Aww thats a shame she won't take her JS tabs atm I'm sorry she has a poopy bum too but good she seems happy. Yes that is really sweet of your vets - so nice of them to discuss with the team for further ideas, I hope they come up with something. All paws crossed for your family

Aww that's some lovely care from the vets!

Fingers crossed everyone's appetite increases soon x

Sent from my SM-A528B using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by joey&boo View Post
    Aww thats a shame she won't take her JS tabs atm I'm sorry she has a poopy bum too but good she seems happy. Yes that is really sweet of your vets - so nice of them to discuss with the team for further ideas, I hope they come up with something. All paws crossed for your family
    Thank you. I hope she'll want them again when she feels better.

Quote Originally Posted by CarelessSquid07 View Post
    Aww that's some lovely care from the vets!

Fingers crossed everyone's appetite increases soon x

Sent from my SM-A528B using Tapatalk
    Thank you, too.

Sophie had her first ever bum bath earlier and she was so good about it. She minded the drying off more than the bath. She's all nice and clean and dry now.

So sorry to hear that both buns are still having problems, really hope the vets may be able to come up with something. Sending many more vibes for them, and you to Reader, they are lucky bunnies having you care for them xx
    IF YOU NEED HELP WITH ANYTHING PLEASE SEND ME A PM OR ANY OF THE OTHER FORUM BUDDIES

Quote Originally Posted by Pets mum View Post
    So sorry to hear that both buns are still having problems, really hope the vets may be able to come up with something. Sending many more vibes for them, and you to Reader, they are lucky bunnies having you care for them xx
    Aww, thank you for the vibes and hopes and very kind words.