• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Vibes for Casper? And Sophie, too?

Sending more vibes for Casper. I'm pleased that Sophie is improving. I hope the Vet's plan works and that having less intervention helps Casper. Great that he eats forage too. I think that's your Mum's job to keep him topped up with that :)

Glad Sophie is improving, and I hope the plan works for Casper. I'm in the same mind about Fern and her syringe feeds, as she needs her meds but she's being handled 5 times plus a day sometimes for either oral meds, syringe feeds or injection and I think it must have an effect.

Thank you so much for caring, everyone, really. It's very, very much appreciated. :love: I'm sorry I'm too exhausted to reply to everyone today. I do have some good news, though! Sophie is almost back to her normal, greedy self, and Casper has been eating a bit more today, too! He even drank some water, which I haven't seen him do in a week and a half, so I hope that's a good sign. :love:

Great update reader, lots more vibes for you. S&C keep up the good work

A little tip about grinding nuggets (broken up joint support tabs too) is buy a cheap coffee bean grinder. I use one & it works a treat

I am glad you are seeing improvement. It can be a daunting task to provide care to an ill bunny many times per day, day after day. However it is so rewarding when they improve because of you noticed symptoms early so they can return to health.
Good work!
Sending hugs to all.

Thank you so much, IM, Pets mum, j&b, and bunny momma. :love: I'm sorry I'm still too exhausted to reply, but I do really appreciate your kindness. I absolutely have to tell you all, though, that Casper has been binkying since last night. :love: He's so much happier now that he's off the gut meds and syringe feed. He's back to being his bouncy, energetic little self. :love: He's eating better, too, though he's still not anywhere close to normal. He just ate some greens!

Sophie is doing well, though this morning she was pulling on her fur, so something must've been bothering her. And her poops are still small, so even though she's eating well, she's still on the gut motility meds.

Aww lovely update, so pleased to hear that they are both doing better now. I hope that means that you can relax a little now, and hopefully that will help you feel little better too xxx

Thank you so much, Pets mum, CarelessSquid, and IM. :love:

I just got off the phone with the vet who saw Sophie last week, and we talked about Casper and since he's doing better now that we've stopped the gut meds and syringe feed she wants to give him some peace and quiet during the weekend and just keep going like we are now and see how he does. If he still hasn't completely recovered on Monday we'll see what else we can do. Earlier he very enthusiastically went to my mum when she offered him some pellets. :love: The vet also said Sophie can come off her gut meds now, since she's doing well now. Because she stopped sneezing I haven't given her the nose drops, and the vet said that was fine. So, we'll just have a hopefully quiet weekend and see what happens. Casper was binkying again this morning. :love:

I was so relieved to read Casper was running and coming for pellets. The exercise should help his gut too.
Sending vibes he and Sophie will continue to improve over the weekend and you con get some needed rest.

Back