• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

New Forum Rule re Links ?

InspectorMorse

Wise Old Thumper
Do we have to give details of the contents of every link posted on every thread in every section of the Forum. Seems a bit OTT to me if we do

Do we have to give details of the contents of every link posted on every thread in every section of the Forum. Seems a bit OTT to me if we do
Not that I'm aware of, I guess it'd be helpful tho maybe? Idk [emoji38] hope that's helpful [emoji38][emoji38][emoji38]

Sent from my SM-G998B using Tapatalk

It's only really an issue in quite long threads where the conversation evolves; there may be lots of links & it's not always clear what each one leads to.

A very brief description helps members decide if they want to click the link, or it could even be something they've already read/heard about so they don't need to reread.

I'd say just to use common sense really. If someone asks "Where can you buy x, y, z?" then it's fine to reply with just a link. (Hard to think at this hour on a Sunday night of any other specific examples where links don't need an explanation [emoji1787][emoji1787])

Sent from my SM-N986B using Tapatalk

It's only really an issue in quite long threads where the conversation evolves; there may be lots of links & it's not always clear what each one leads to.

A very brief description helps members decide if they want to click the link, or it could even be something they've already read/heard about so they don't need to reread.

I'd say just to use common sense really. If someone asks "Where can you buy x, y, z?" then it's fine to reply with just a link. (Hard to think at this hour on a Sunday night of any other specific examples where links don't need an explanation [emoji1787][emoji1787])

What Karen said! :thumb:

I’ve found it very helpful/useful already.

I think it's helpful to have a description, I don't often follow links as not sure if they'll be relevant/tbh I'm a bit lazy with it so description is good

Back