• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Yellow feet

Alicia

Mama Doe
Where am I going wrong? Felix and Jelly’s feet are so yellow. They live in the shed and they have garage matting that clicks together as their flooring and litter trays that have wooden cat litter in them. They also have blankets in different places but they don’t pee on them. Every day I sweep and also mop their floor. I change their litter trays two to three times a week. Am I doing something wrong or is it normal that their feet are so yellow?

My last 3 (Inc current 2) have white feet and they're not yellow, I use the similar rubber matting and megazorb in trays. Trays are spot cleaned daily, changed fully maybe every 3 days as needed. Maybe it's the litter??

Nothing wrong. Next time pick non white bun :D The only thing you can do is daily celaning soiled litter box. Some litter material is better then other. Trial and error.

I put hay on top of the litter trays - it helps keep the feet tidier as they are not sitting directly on wet litter.

Is the matting brown or yellow because white feet often pick up stains from their flooring?

I've had two babies with yellow feet from sawdust litter at their first home but that cleared up once they weren't living in a hutch but free ranging. Stakki had green feet as his owner allowed them in a run all day.

As Jane says I'd clean litter trays daily, also what litter are you using In the trays? And do you top with hay on top

Last edited:
I clean my litter trays every day without fail, but Hammy boy (mainly white with brown/grey patches) always has slightly yellow feet. I think it's difficult to completely avoid.

Back