• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Have a bad feeling...

MiniC

Wise Old Thumper
Our neighbours with 3 kids just put up a post on FB asking for off-cuts of pipe for a bunny tunnel. Feeling very sorry for the bunny, as her kids can upset my two from the next garden over! They can be a bit noisy... And I dunno if they'll know to adopt 2 and to give them space to settle into.

Last edited:
I have offered some of the toys our bunnies have turned down, as a pretence to offering help if they ever need it!

Like I know it's none of my business, but I was worried the day would come when one of our neighbours would adopt a bunny, and I'd have to figure out how to tell them a hutch is not enough etc without starting an episode of neighbours from hell 😬

I understand. Twice I had people try to get me to take bunnies off their hands after children tired of bunnies or they became hormonal.
Perhaps you can get bunny care literature from a reliable source and hand it to them. That way advice is coming from someone other than you.

Oh, no. :( I hope they'll take good care of the bunny, but with three loud children it doesn't sound ideal. Offering some toys your bunnies didn't want so you can have a conversation about the bunny with them and possibly offer some help if they need it sounds like a good idea. I think bunny momma's idea of sharing some bunny care literature with them if they'd accept it is a good idea, too. Hopefully they'll have done their own research and the noisy kids are the only problem, though...

Yeah, I'm going to drop it round tomorrow and say I'm here for advice if they need it... I'm hoping the fact Billy is 10 now means I know how to do some things right :lol:

Last edited:
Yeah, I'm going to drop it round tomorrow and say I'm here for advice if they need it... I'm hoping the fact Billy is 10 now means I know how to do some things right :lol:

It's that I figured out who they were, because I heard their eldest showing off the fish he'd caught to his dad, then later, I saw mum asking if anyone had a fish tank on the FB group, so I put 2+2 together. But the fish thing doesn't fill me with hope that the bunny wasn't an impulse buy...
That doesn't sound very reassuring, if that's how they get their pets... I hope it'll go well when you see them.

Actually really reassured today! They're giving the buns a decent sized shed and a permanent run, and the bunnies are rescues, so neutered and bonded already. I didn't need to be as nervous as I was! Really relieved.

Actually really reassured today! They're giving the buns a decent sized shed and a permanent run, and the bunnies are rescues, so neutered and bonded already. I didn't need to be as nervous as I was! Really relieved.

Great news :love:

Back