• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Rabbit and spaghetti..

Graciee

Staff member
So Willoughby got spaghetti bolognese thrown at his back [emoji51] I got it off immediately, but there's the orange stain...I got a wet hand and groomed him like a bunny tongue, and it lightened a little, but he's still got orange on him.. Will it harm him when he grooms and ingests some? :(

Sent from my SM-G998B using Tapatalk

Will he not let you rub damp cloth over area
Probably but there's no point there's just staining left [emoji51] coz it's so orange and he's white, it was just instant stain [emoji51]

Try a baby wipe? They are a bit soapy, so may help to remove the oily bit. I wouldn't be worried about him ingesting it if it's only enough to stain the fur - assuming you have removed all the lumpy & meaty bits.

If it is just the stain left, no crustiness or residue, I think it'll be fine. If you're really worried you could use clippers to shave it off

Reminds me of the time my trio all charged at me believing the drink in my hand was food for them. Mousey & Boo were really stained. Vet was distinctly unamused when she asked what was on Boo's fur & I said "coffee" :oops::lol:

Try a baby wipe? They are a bit soapy, so may help to remove the oily bit. I wouldn't be worried about him ingesting it if it's only enough to stain the fur - assuming you have removed all the lumpy & meaty bits.
Yea I did try a water wipe too, but still stained [emoji38] yea I think you're right

If it is just the stain left, no crustiness or residue, I think it'll be fine. If you're really worried you could use clippers to shave it off

Reminds me of the time my trio all charged at me believing the drink in my hand was food for them. Mousey & Boo were really stained. Vet was distinctly unamused when she asked what was on Boo's fur & I said "coffee" :oops:[emoji38]

Yea never thought about cutting it off! I think I'll just leave it. Poor boy he was lounging near by and splat! Spaghetti to the back [emoji51] he didn't even move so I don't think he wasn't that alarmed by it weirdly [emoji38]

Oh that's hilarious [emoji38][emoji38][emoji38][emoji38]

Oh, no! That's the downside of white fur. :lol: I think I'd just leave it, too. With spring coming close, I think they're supposed to moult soon anyway, so he'll likely lose that stained fur then.

Back