• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Litter tray

Buka

Warren Scout
So I have 3 litter trays in my home. One for each rabbit to use exclusively (rabbits not bonded) and one in my bedroom which is used by both of them when they have the run of the house one at a time.

I’ve noticed that Benji seems to be holding in his pee until he is able to use the common litter tray. Don’t worry he’s out of his room most of the day! Flopsy is not bothered about roaming about and she’s in a huge living room with all the cool toys so I let Benji out most of the day.

However I don’t know if I should worry about his toileting habits?

There is still some pee in his own litter tray and poops too. But he does most of it in the common litter tray (I’m assuming to mark the territory?)

I suspect it's marking territory too. I notice this with our humpy bunny, he'll always go to the litter tray right after Poppy to sniff at her pee and chin her poos/the edge of the tray.

I wonder if it might be worth removing their shared tray (either giving them separate ones you swap out when you open the house up or removing entirely - they'll go back to their own room if they need to go).

Back